Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My new scope.

Alec S343 UNSC

i kinda sold out and went for a cheap scope but i am very happy with the scope to be fair, i got amazing sights of jupiter, it was very large in my eye piece,i could see many of the storm lines,before on my argos 50mm scope i could only see 2 lines,this scope shows me all the lines and colours,the moon was a amazing sight also,when i put my barlow lens in and 6mm eyepiece, i could see mountains in such detail it felt like dream, also found my first open cluster M38 but found it tricky to find M36 and M37,im still trying to get used to how the scope moves on its mount but im getting the hang of it.

anyway here are the specs to my scope,i know people will argue that i should of got a better scope but i am happy and aslong as im happy with my results then thats all that matters.

model TA900-114EQ

900mm focal

114mm objective

red dot finder

6mm-12.5mm-20mm eye piece

3x barlow lens

moon filter

1.5x erecting eyepiece

equatorial mount with counterweight and flexable adjustment rods

tripod height 1.2m

here is a photo of me and my new scope

309067_10150974493065401_581990400_21189220_48097554_n.jpg

here is the link to my image topic with shots of our moon and jupiter and 2 of her moons using a 2mp mobile phone cam.

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-sketches-unconventional/165985-moon-jupiter.html

Im sure telrad wasn't trying to be sarcastic ( although he can correct me if I'm wrong ), thats the problem with typing something instead of saying it can't always tell how its meant to be said. If there is one thing I have found on here is that people don't judge you by the equipment you have just respect your enthusiasm for the hobby. We all start somewhere and as already said as long as your happy thats all that counts, any kit is better than no kit i would say.

Enjoy your scope and try to get the best possible results you can from it and thats all that matters.

Im sure telrad wasn't trying to be sarcastic ( although he can correct me if I'm wrong ), thats the problem with typing something instead of saying it can't always tell how its meant to be said.

Jana, that's correct. I was not being sarcastic whatsoever, I was merely congratulating you on your new purchase; as I would say to anyone here on getting a new Baader piece of kit or a Vixen etc. That is the problem with typing rather than saying it...

enjoy your new scope! :)

If it works ... and your happy ... It dont matter what people think ....:)

Haveing fun is what its all about ... so have fun and clears skys :)

I totally agree with this comment, my first scope was a 60mm celestron refractor and i loved it even if it was a basic scope.

Enjoy your scope and all you see with it :)

the chances are that as this is a reflector, the mirrors will have been produced to a decent standard. it's a slow focal ratio and therefore should provide good visual images with the supplied and relatively cheaper eyepieces.

it's usually the mount lets these down a bit but yours seems a little better than some.

a 32mm plossl would be a good buy for you (you can get them for maybe £20-30 used) and would make finding things a little easier too along with your red dot finder.

enjoy your scope and keep reporting back what you find - it's really nice to see a new younger member 'discovering the night sky' and enjoying himself! sorry, I went into 'Dad mode' then but you know what I mean!

Archived