SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How does one go about writing a book?

OXO

Hi Chaps,

I have a head full of ideas for writing a Astronomy Book and wondered if anyone knew the best way of going about getting these ideas to Paper for publishers to scan over etc etc?.. May sound a daft thing to ask but i have wondered about this for the past 6 months..

James

My tip for you mate, word process it, but make daily backups onto cds/disks/external hard drives anything, heck even email the word document to yourself everyday so it's on a server someplace, then weekly print it all out so you have a hard copy, theres nothing worse than losing work and having to redo it!

Good luck matey! I, and my Dad (who is probably a good person to add to this thread) knows a guy who written and published several books about various times in history, his currently writing a book all about the witchcraft in the UK...

Grant

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the Tips, i will be starting it tommorow in Word and also will be backing it up with each session to H/D,DVD-RW etc etc.

Witchcraft in the Uk shouldnt that be Blackpool :clouds1:, sounds like an interesting chap Grant.

James

i also know a man who proof reads astronomy books before they go to press, i canhave a word if you like see if he would be willing to take a look when it is near ready

Perhaps you might also explain after how you went about doing it as i have a few ideas for writing a book or two myself. One linked to my company if that takes off :-)

Best of luck with it. i for one look forward to seeing it when its ready

Al

Good luck James, beleive it or not I've actually started writing a book on astronomy as well...

This was really just going to be for me - basically all the information that I wanted in a smallish book.

Ant

Good luck James, beleive it or not I've actually started writing a book on astronomy as well...

This was really just going to be for me - basically all the information that I wanted in a smallish book.

Ant

You could perhaps get it published, perhaps other may find it useful

Al

Archived