Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Xmas Party

Bryndalf

Hi Dude - the term "paid up member" refers to folks who contribute towards the provision of two local observing dark sites in the East Mids region which are rented and are totally unconnected with SGL. Membership of the EMS section on SGL is free as pointed out above.

Perhaps we should refer to this as "Dark Site Members" in future so there's no confusion :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes there`s two sites we "rent" one of a land owner in Sawley and another off the local cricket club in Belper which has a nice room we can use for talks and viewing sessions.

we had enough members contributing last year to cover both sites fees, so hopefully we can get more people involved and the cost of everyones contributions to the "rent" will fall.

we encourage people to come along and use the sites with no fees to pay to get a feeling of how it`s run and hopefully if they like will want to join our little group.

Looks like you had a great night at the Xmas party.

I'm another paid up member that was in the dark with details of the party.

It might be better next year to list it in a thread.

If the price of the meal doe's not come out of the dark site members funds, doe's it matter if you are a paid up member or not to enjoy a Christmas meal with other like minded EMS group members ?.

If the same communication method is used to collect subs, then it could be detrimental to EMS.

Paul

Once again, sorry if anyone feels they missed the call to the Party.

I have only ever organised it via email between the Dark Site Members (=paid up) to keep numbers sensible for the venue and to keep the work load of collecting deposits, organising numbers and menu selections easy for myself.

There will be more next year.

When collecting next years subs I'll recheck everyones emails and phone details.

Count me in next year guys. I really want to be a paid up member. In fact let me know who to send the dosh to and I'll join now.

Learning my way around the sky really well (coming back to me when i was a 14 year old [six years ago ;-) ] ) despite the crappy, overcast weather over the last coupe of months.

Rgds, Steve

We can only apologise to anyone who missed out this time. It's looking like it must be down to some unknown problem with email - but we really don't know.

Glider does a great job organising this - it's quite a challenge getting it all coordinated and booked and paid for in advance.

We'll take extra care to ensure everyone who wants in gets included for the next social event - plus a procedure is being put in place to make contacting folks easier in future. :)

Archived