Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What's outside our universe ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. There's supposed to be entire universes contained on the "membranes", (or "brane") traveling, mostly parallel to each other, through whatever is bigger than the universe. Sometimes, the bump into one another, creating big-bangs that add another "brane". Not sure I buy it, due to the scale necessary, but string theorists seem to like them, because they can add more dimensions to accommodate them as needed.

I know what your talking about here but I think Boltzmann brains (not branes) are something different. They are intelligent entities that appear from nowhere and disappear in an instant (!! :wink:) and order the matter around them, it's the only way to explain the high entropic state of the Universe.

• 4 years later...
Yes. There's supposed to be entire universes contained on the "membranes", (or "brane") traveling, mostly parallel to each other, through whatever is bigger than the universe. Sometimes, the bump into one another, creating big-bangs that add another "brane". Not sure I buy it, due to the scale necessary, but string theorists seem to like them, because they can add more dimensions to accommodate them as needed.

What we do see are photons (specifically bosons that are open strings attached to our brane)

What we do not see are closed strings that are not attached to our brane and thus these closed strings can escape into higher dimensions. An example is gravitons which are the the bosons of the gravitational force, we experience it but we cannot see it directly, but we can indirectly see the effects caused by gravitation. Gravitons are a weak force and it is hypotheises that they can escape into higher dimensions. The LHC will test for this.

So outside of this universe is most likely higher dimensional entities that encapsulate the Multiverse landscape.

We cannot see into the higher dimensions because photons are trapped within our 4 dimensional spacetime and photons are limited to the Planck Scale.

DarkStar your responses completely Bamboozle me :-)

Would love to hear you elaborate on your sensational statements, cheers

Hi NeutrinoWave, your posts are very well thought out and I've seen some very interesting points.It's a shame I haven't had more time to read them all, but since my Dad died in July I get very little free time.

M Theory is the latest and best theory we have towards a TOE theory. Obviously the mathematics in all these cosmological and quantum theories are touching on real phenomena in nature giving us a teasing look of how the universe works.

The trouble with M theory is the translation into words.The complicated mathematics can be shown in picture forms with strings hoops and that is great. But when we add words like branes it takes us away and separates the science from other areas of physics.What is a brane?

If we draw closed loops and strings what do they look like? Do you think a closed loop looks a little like an event horizon?

I would be laughed at if I said I can visualise easily 5 dimensions. Even more if I said I can just about imagine 6D after that it gets easier because everything gets inverted.

A black hole is a perfect phenomena for converting matter into electromagnetism. My understanding of black holes is they don't just bend space, they drag the space-time into a vortex in 5D space and in 6D, space-time is actually folded inside out!

Another word that is thrown around is the multiverse... Which is a greater universe. But the word universe is supposed to mean everything so words like this confused matters.

I have plenty of 'self' evidence through several lines of thinking that the universe is a black hole. In saying this the space-time outside of the universe which is on the other side of the event horizon by my earlier line of thinking must be folded back into itself.

If we transpose the word multiverse and universe with black hole then part of string theory is describing black holes containing black holes containing black holes .I think all their singularities are entangled together so are intricately connected together. I think the universes singularity is within the quantum foam.. Spread out everywhere.

As I said think I said earlier , I view a black hole as a 5D rotating vortex like a Kerr Newman Black hole. If we look at the vortex it resembles the alternating electric and magnetic field of Gauge theory description of light. If you can imagine this then a brane would be a slice through this vortex at the highest frequency end of the spectrum... Maybe :D

Note most of this of my own thinking and is not sourced from anywhere so I am walking through a mine field.It is all hypothetical and NOT fact

Best wishes from a looney, lol

Is this Ying Yang Theory as I am new to this type of Philosophical Paradox, please explain

Would you believe me if I said I discovered Ying Yang theory 'independently' by myself. I know probably as much as you about the ancient Chinese Philosophy.Can you imagine the shock I got recently when thinking about Saturn's Hexagram,looking up six fold symmetry in nature, hexagrams and atoms and found myself a link to Taoism! Does that mean all my hypothesis are on to something?

Archived