Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

admin

The For Sale Section will Return in 2012

Good to hear that the for sale board is coming back in some form. I don't buy or sell much but occasionally something catches my eye, especially if it shows up in the new posts. I've also got some items that will go up in the new year and I even give stuff away but that's very infrequently lol.

It just shows that if people can just be patient the end of the world can be avoided ;)

Edited by Photosbykev

excellent news its down to all members to make sure it runs smoothly

This is very good news!

Very good news on the return.

Two levels of access certainly has my support.

I assume this can be easily implemented using the existing forum structure.

Thus avoiding more work setting up and monitoring.

If the forum structure allows a minimum number of posts/month to be included in the access rules, this would ensure posting enough for access is not a one off excersize. The chore of continuing to post regularly would put off those who are not what SGL is about.

Thank you sgl thats great news, all my signature except one was bought here.

exellent news. im sure something will be worked out to suit.

Why not look for another Admin strictly to monitor the For sale section, thus taking the strain from other Admins.

Just an idea!

Very glad to see it back,

Maybe if the members where fully informed about what exactly is wrong with the tor sale section then maybe we could contribute greatly to the solution, I know that traders have been a problem but surely It's more than that,

Just my thoughts

Well done Admin. I am another member who has bought most of my kit through the 'for sale section' and it has saved me a small fortune.

Thats great news, as a beginner myself I was very excited to finally meet the requirements of 1 month and 50 posts, but then totally gutted to have the forum closed 1 week later!

Anyway, I don't think the beginners for sale section is all that great of an idea, it will just make more work for the admin and then there will be the confusion as to what is beginners gear and what isn't etc. But I really don't have a solution - other than the buyer must be named, and no PM's or emails allowed. This way the sale will be completely open for everyone to see.

Jay.

Glad to see it coming back. I totally agree with the two different for sale forums. Good work guys.

As an experienced moderator on a forum with 95,000 plus members i would be happy to offer to moderate purely on the for sale section

Not going to suggest any more ideas, just want to show my appreciation, thanks SGL administration!

Glad it's coming back, i've met some nice people doing a few deals over the last couple of years!

Still, I remind myself, it's only a small part of what the whole forum offers, but a good bit when it works as it should!

Doc

Never in the history of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. Cheers guys.

Like Dude, I only glimpsed the 'For Sale' section briefly but I'm pleased it's coming back.

Although I disagree and think a 'Beginners' section' sounds a good idea in principle. Yes, the line of demarcation between 'Beginners' and 'Advanced' will be hard to define. Maybe if the beginners' section was limited to 'Wanted' ads only? People would know they could sell their pre-upgrade stuff there and also see at a glance if there was a market for it.

Named buyers would be a good idea if profiteering* traders was the main problem.

*If that's the right word.

Like Dude, I only glimpsed the 'For Sale' section briefly but I'm pleased it's coming back.

Although I disagree and think a 'Beginners' section' sounds a good idea in principle. Yes, the line of demarcation between 'Beginners' and 'Advanced' will be hard to define. Maybe if the beginners' section was limited to 'Wanted' ads only? People would know they could sell their pre-upgrade stuff there and also see at a glance if there was a market for it.

Named buyers would be a good idea if profiteering* traders was the main problem.

*If that's the right word.

I think the beginners "Wanted" section would be a very good idea. I know I would have found it useful when I was trying to get started.

Good to see that a solution is being sought.

Dave

Good news that a way forward may be in sight. What ever happens - never going to please all of the people all of the time.

Three cheers for the chaps ! I'm sure we are headed for a happy solution.

Vlebo