sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

The For Sale Section will Return in 2012

Good to hear that the for sale board is coming back in some form. I don't buy or sell much but occasionally something catches my eye, especially if it shows up in the new posts. I've also got some items that will go up in the new year and I even give stuff away but that's very infrequently lol.

It just shows that if people can just be patient the end of the world can be avoided ;)

Edited by Photosbykev
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good news on the return.

Two levels of access certainly has my support.

I assume this can be easily implemented using the existing forum structure.

Thus avoiding more work setting up and monitoring.

If the forum structure allows a minimum number of posts/month to be included in the access rules, this would ensure posting enough for access is not a one off excersize. The chore of continuing to post regularly would put off those who are not what SGL is about.

Very glad to see it back,

Maybe if the members where fully informed about what exactly is wrong with the tor sale section then maybe we could contribute greatly to the solution, I know that traders have been a problem but surely It's more than that,

Just my thoughts

Thats great news, as a beginner myself I was very excited to finally meet the requirements of 1 month and 50 posts, but then totally gutted to have the forum closed 1 week later!

Anyway, I don't think the beginners for sale section is all that great of an idea, it will just make more work for the admin and then there will be the confusion as to what is beginners gear and what isn't etc. But I really don't have a solution - other than the buyer must be named, and no PM's or emails allowed. This way the sale will be completely open for everyone to see.

Jay.

Like Dude, I only glimpsed the 'For Sale' section briefly but I'm pleased it's coming back.

Although I disagree and think a 'Beginners' section' sounds a good idea in principle. Yes, the line of demarcation between 'Beginners' and 'Advanced' will be hard to define. Maybe if the beginners' section was limited to 'Wanted' ads only? People would know they could sell their pre-upgrade stuff there and also see at a glance if there was a market for it.

Named buyers would be a good idea if profiteering* traders was the main problem.

*If that's the right word.

Like Dude, I only glimpsed the 'For Sale' section briefly but I'm pleased it's coming back.

Although I disagree and think a 'Beginners' section' sounds a good idea in principle. Yes, the line of demarcation between 'Beginners' and 'Advanced' will be hard to define. Maybe if the beginners' section was limited to 'Wanted' ads only? People would know they could sell their pre-upgrade stuff there and also see at a glance if there was a market for it.

Named buyers would be a good idea if profiteering* traders was the main problem.

*If that's the right word.

I think the beginners "Wanted" section would be a very good idea. I know I would have found it useful when I was trying to get started.

Good to see that a solution is being sought.

Dave