Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Colourful Soul

Shibby

My data is lacking in signal, but I do quite like the colours that have come out of this nebula following RGB background calibration during stacking in DSS, which has effectively enhanced the colour variation at the expense of some of the fainter red stuff. It feel it would be a bit better if I'd taken some calibration frames (/slaps wrist!)

~82x2min (mix of ISO-800, ISO-1600) over 2 nights

Canon 450D

SW 150PDS

Vixen GP, unguided

Any advice / comments greatly appreciated; is there a preferred method for stacking subs of different ISO? Is it worth trying flats from another session? Taking some darks?

shibby-albums-deep-sky-picture14625-soul-nebula.jpg

Thanks very much guys! :)

Thats really great I love the colours in this one but what nebula is this looks like one in cygnus?

It's the IC 1848, the Soul Nebula (well actually, IC 1848 is the central cluster; looks like the official designation of the nebula is (Sharpless 2-199). It's in Cassiopeia right next to the Heart nebula. Popular one for mosaics...

Archived