SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

stellarium upgrade

todd8137

hi all as any one upgraded there stellarium to the version 0.11.0 i want to but i wonder if you keep you old settings ect i downloaded most of the pluggins and use it with my 90mm to control it ,but if i upgrade will i have to re download all that again and set every thing back up ? any one done this and did you have to set every thing back up

cheers

Hi todd8137, I haven't upgraded to 0.11.0, but used this version straight from the box as it were. Usually, upgrading software will retain the original settings and I imagine Stellarium would be the same, though I couldn't say for definate. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Dark Skies

I upgraded to 0.11.1 and lost no settings at all.

Only problem with latest versions is the occulars plugin appears not to work when you type Alt-O if you are running full-screen. Run windowed and it's fine it's just that the pop-up appears behind the main window if full-screen.

One thing to note is that if you're on a Mac, any custom landscapes etc. that you've added to the Stellarium application package will be overwritten (thank goodness for Time Machine backups!)

FYI Windows XP/Vista/7

In "help and support" dig around and you will find "system restore"

If anything goes wrong with an install/upgrade etc. you can use this feature to take the pc back to a "prior to the install" date. This will restore all your Windows apps / desktop etc to the chosen date

If anyone is interested, I'll post some screen dumps on the procedure

Andy

I've just upgraded from 10.4 (or 10.6, I don't remember what my previous version was) to 11.1.

it all seems pretty much the same as the old version and I can't find a proper change history for the intervening versions. 11.1 says it's got some bug fixes from 11.0 and a few minor tweaks which seem to be cosmetic in nature.

Since I never came across any bugs in my old version, it's hard to see what the benefits of upgrading are. Anyone know what's been improved from 10.X to 11.0/1 ?

[Edit] Found it

Short release notes for 0.11.0:

- Stellarium now takes into account the refraction of the atmosphere in the

visualization of the sky so far, it seems, is the only planetarium

simulates refraction in full.

- Redesigned search tool

- Oculars plugin rewritten & expanded. Includes binocular support, better

CCD support.

- New plugin: Historical supernovae; now you can watch the flashes of bright

13 of these stars (in the calculation were taken only by those whose peak

was brighter than 10m).

- Type of deep-sky objects on the "heaven" Stellarium's now possible to

determine visually, without isolating the corresponding object.

- Increase in the number of satellites of the solar system plan...

So, basically a few new plugins but no major new features ;)

I'll wait. It's a fantastic bit o' kit, but they do have a tendency to break things on a new major release.

I'll wait a couple of weeks before I jump ...

Archived