SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello all

James.

I'm new here so I guess I should say hello.

These days I'm into astrophotography with newtonians. I have a 300mm f/4 at home and 200mm f/4 when out bush. Any other crazy newt fans around here?

I can't update my signature yet, but you can see some of my images here (I'm in Melbourne so they're all kinda southish)

Deep Space Place - Images

The newer images should be better than my first attempts ;). Lately I've been concentrating on the LMC : N50, NGC 346, N55, NGC 2070 and there are a few from last year and the SMC in there too. There are so many interesting targets in the LMC - it'll keep me busy for a while yet.

Cheers

James

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My home is in the outer suburbs - so the light pollution is a bit of a problem for RGB imaging, but the astronomy club has an excellent dark site a few hours away.

Newts can be frustrating things at times, but I really like the wide field of view you get from f/4

Archived