Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Oh What a night!

Kain

Just came in after a nights observing. The seeing was utter [removed word] but I made the most of it anyway.

First up was M3 - Real disappointed with the views, using the 26mm Ep (can't remember how to work out magnification, very embarrassed!) It just looked like a fuzzy blob. The same with 20mm Ep. I will put that down to seeing I think.

From there I had a look at Saturn. It's past it's best now, but the rings still look pretty good.

From there I decided to fast forward to summer. M57 looked great! It's was very pleasing to see as it seems like years since I saw it last.

M13 was up next, yet again just a fuzzy blob. I know from last year the views were much better, so it must be the seeing.

Comet Lovejoy was nice, a green fuzzball, reminds me alot of Comet Swan.

Lastly finished up with Jupiter. It looked awful to be totally honest. With Rubbish seeing and being low from the UK, everything was against it, but it was still nice non the less.

That was about it really. I did go galaxy hunting but couldn't find any.

Seeing was Rubbish tonight, the air is very damp and I don't have a dew heater. Who cares though. I have had a great night, and the first since just after Christmas.

Kain

We had a break from the grey here tonight, and I had a quick look at M3 through my 12 LX200GPS, using a Meade 4000 14mm UWA eyepiece that I just picked up...

...wow...

...it was worth every penny. :)

Can y'look after mine f'one more night PLEASE? Didn't check out that d#mned comet :) What was your 'sitting' rate? :D

M13, the Dumbell and the Ring were great from Wibble tonight. Saw plenty other stuff earlier on but they were best 8)

Can y'look after mine f'one more night PLEASE? Didn't check out that d#mned comet :) What was your 'sitting' rate? :D

Well last night was a special offer as i was at work till 8 and was too pooped by the time i had tea,sit down etc to take the scopes out.

Today im not at work so im afraid the price doubles :shock:

Yeah it was good fun, just annoyed at the seeing.

Tell you something though, I was out there in just a pair of jeans and a T shirt, It was like it was summer. Really warm and muggy.

Send the clouds my way then guys :) I could do with some CBs, I ain't seen any for ages I'm forgetting what they look like lol.

Kain

I'm glad someone has had some reasonably clear skies, we've had nothing but cloud & rain for the last few weeks. But whats really annoying is that between 7pm & 9:30pm just before it starts to go dark the clouds have cleared and as soon as it goes dark they roll back in. Its enough to make you want to join Martins Knitting Circle.

Darren

Nice going Kain,

I ventured out at 10.30 to what looked like clear skies, let everything cool down and aligned the scope, Saturn was Ok on 136x but not so at 214x - I guess the seeing was not up to it. I did however have a good look at M13 - for ages. Tried upping the power and really enjoyed the view (even dragged the Wife out to have a look - she reckoned it looked like sherbert...)

Also copped M82 & M3, - where would I be without goto ......

Oh, did I forget to mention the dew - around midnight the corrector was, (despite my feeble cardboard dewshield effort), nicley dewed up. Inverted the scope for a while but gave up in favour of much need sleep...

Next job, build/buy dew heater....

Glad you got to see the comet. Was it easy to find ? That's an area of sky I can see from my garden so hope to have a go soon, if the clouds clear....

Were you out with the big dob? I've only got smaller scopes so don't know whether I would make it out.

Here's to next time..

Mand

Archived