Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hand Control Holder

Telrad

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get a Skywatcher Synscan Goto Hand Control Holder from? The type that either clip onto an AZ4 tripod, or one that can be attatched onto the casing of a Dob Motor? ;)

(I suppose I could use a self-adhesive velcro pad?) ;)

Any help would be appreciated?

Cheers!

For what it's worth I would and did go with velcro.

spaceboy - I did think that it's worth just using velcro, but given the extra protection that it affords against moisture etc the softcase appears quite good.

The standard holder is awkward. My synscan usually ends up resting on the accessory tray or on the ground ;)

Karen - there's a synscan HC holder on the bay at the moment.. SKYWATCHER HEQ5/6 HAND CONTOL HOLDER | eBay ;)

spaceboy - I did think that it's worth just using velcro, but given the extra protection that it affords against moisture etc the softcase appears quite good.

I wonder if cold air, condensation, dew what ever makes it in between the plastic cover and the HC whether the lack of ventilation would be more of a hindrance than a help ?? The controller cools as the night goes on while our hands stay warm. I just can't help but think when using the controller the trapped air between the plastic and the HC will condensate and remain there ? I hope it's not the case but it was the first thing to spring to mind when I saw the picture of it.

spaceboy,

I hope it's got enough ventilation as you say? I suppose a little bag of silicia gel might be necessary if it does require? Or just slip the HC into the case before setting-up and remove it after a session. It means I can slip my hand into the lanyard for a better grip so I don’t accidentally drop or damage it too, and hook it up after - attaching it to the mount, as Karen said, it's awkward replacing it in the dark so it should be easier.

I used to have something similar for an old mobile phone, from what I recall it never collected any moisture under the plastic, and I used to carry that in all weathers.

So fingers crossed it'll be OK. ;) If not, it'll be the velcro option.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived