SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

GSO Super Plossl or Revelation Astro Plossl?

Hello

I could really do with some help about two eyepieces I have just bought and hope you don't mind giving me some much needed advice.

I have a 15mm and 9mm Revelation Astro Plossl’s to add to my existing standard eyepieces for my Skywatcher Skymax 127.

Originally I ordered a 9mm and 15mm GSO Super Plossl’s from Scopes n Skies. But when I received the Revelations' instead, I phoned Scopes n Skies and was told I received the Revelations' as the GSO’s weren’t in stock, so they have upgraded me.

Now I’ve Googled Revelation Astro Plossl and found them as part of a kit only. So I’m finding it impossible to work out how much a 9mm and 15mm would cost on its own and whether the Revelation eyepiece is better than the GSO :icon_confused:

So the question is, have I really got an upgrade? Or are they made by one company and branded differently?

I’m very much a noob to viewing the night sky with a scope so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers. Darren

• 3 years later...

I have six Revelation Astro Plossl EPs and their quite good considering their price. There is mention that they are made by GSO on the website I purchase from?

I'm after the 6mm next! The eye relief will be short.

I'm interested in testing a few 6mm EPs on my Skyliner, just for evaluation purposes?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a couple of GSO's when i first started out and found them to be a good step up vs price compared to the supplied 25mm and 10mm. i liked them so much i bought the full cased Revelation set. The GSO's went to a friend so i recouped some of the cost. I use long focal length refractors and find the Revelations to be good for the price. I only paid £85 for the full set so cant argue at the quality for the money spent. Changing the oem diagonal made a great difference, The WO dielectric turned averted vision stars into fully visual so along with these budget EP's there's a massive improvement for less than £150. That's less than some people pay for a single EP :)

Archived