Animation from 27th, an hour on Jupiter

Jupiterholic

Its only an hour so not all that long in animation terms. A little more 'bumpy' than I'd like (kind of like Jupiter's going through some turbulence) but I just can't get the damn frames to line up any better. I'll put it down to seeing variations. Wish I'd slept better the night before. I'd have done another hour easily on this animation. Oh well. This is 9:03pm to 10pm

post-22195-133877699636_thumb.gif

very nice details, what is the interval between the images?

You are right though that the animation is a bit bumpy, how did you do it?

It is also very important to have the same (as possible) intervals between the images.

I can recommend you to have a look at the process I posted a bout two weeks ago.

saying all that the animation is great, and the images building it are full of details - well done

Dror

very nice details, what is the interval between the images?

You are right though that the animation is a bit bumpy, how did you do it?

It is also very important to have the same (as possible) intervals between the images.

Dror

How did I do the bumps? ..well... not intentionally lol :icon_confused:. I don't know whats going on to be honest. I have a very accurate method of lining up frames and these are all 100% on. In fact you'll notice that the limb of the planet doesn't move throughout. It may be an issue with my barlow moving in the diagonal causing slight fluctuations in image scale. At these magnifications even the tiniest discrepancy can cause problems. And the DBK is not the lightest of cameras.

The time interval between images is roughly 2 minutes but yeah its not consistent enough. I had a couple of technical issues throughout so couldn't stick to a rigid timescale.

when lining up the images also consider the atmosphere changes and thus can cause Jupiter to look a bit bigger (or smaller) at some images, thus the best way to align is not based on a certain limb but rater on the complete circle (or rather the center of the planet) I usually do it with layers and then the difference mode (at GIMP) then I make sure I get the same "difference" around the plant "circle". This might give less jumps

Hopes this helps

Dror

when lining up the images also consider the atmosphere changes and thus can cause Jupiter to look a bit bigger (or smaller) at some images, thus the best way to align is not based on a certain limb but rater on the complete circle (or rather the center of the planet) I usually do it with layers and then the difference mode (at GIMP) then I make sure I get the same "difference" around the plant "circle". This might give less jumps

Hopes this helps

Dror

Thanks, yeah I'll try targeting the centre of the disc for aligning. I use the difference mode in photoshop aswell. This was quite a tricky one, it must be said. I can probably improve it as soon as I get some time.

Thanks for the tips.

Can't get enough of those animations! Would love to do one myself but conditions never allow it.....just glad to gt 3mins of good seeing lol

Do you do RGB imaging? If so thats one hell of a task to produce an animation. I don't think I could do them if each of my images was composed of 3 captures. Would take me about a year just to do all the processing for an animation the length of this one.. :icon_confused:

Would be quite something though, an RGB animation. The extra detail you can get with RGB imaging would make it awesome.

Archived