Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

jana

Messier list.

I'm sure many of you have already found it but if not I came across a app on the i phone called messier list, it shows the full list with pictures and also there is a handy checklist to keep track of what you have seen. This will come in handy for me as till now I have just scribbled them down on a bit of paper or the top of a page of s@n mag.

AND BEST OF ALL ITS A FREE DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks from me also - just downloaded and looks like it will come in very handy :icon_confused:

Glad to help, the checklist looks like it could come in handy as always have my phone on me when out so easy to just tick the ones i have seen.

I would say get an I phone then but don't want to open THAT can of worms. Im sure there will be some kind of app for the exact same thing for android just different name.

Jana,

That may come in very handy.... Just to extend this thread anyone know any other useful apps on ipad or phone (for astro use)? I use pocket universe HD and star walk on the ipad, both to locate objects......

Adam.

It's ok, I have a messier widget on my phone, a little hard to work and the images are small but still.....it all helps :icon_confused:

It's ok, I have a messier widget on my phone, a little hard to work and the images are small but still.....it all helps :icon_confused:

I was about to suggest messier widget! alternatively you could try WhereIsIt gives you the full Messier List and Caldwell list. No Pics though!

I have that too. Quite a nice little widget though not overly useful. :rolleyes:

I have it on my HTC Desire. It is called "Messier Objects" rather than Messier list.

Maybe my Wildfire can't use that app, I can't find it. Some apps can't run on my phone as the screen is smaller? something silly like that lol.

Hmm, just searched for mesier object on google, found a site with it on but it says this:

Announcement!

Sad to say that our developer account is suspended without notice. All apps are no longer in market and so please download our apps here:

Another site also says this app has been removed from the market :icon_confused::rolleyes:

Edited by Celeste

Maybe my Wildfire can't use that app, I can't find it. Some apps can't run on my phone as the screen is smaller? something silly like that lol.

Hmm, just searched for mesier object on google, found a site with it on but it says this:

Announcement!

Sad to say that our developer account is suspended without notice. All apps are no longer in market and so please download our apps here:

Another site also says this app has been removed from the market :icon_confused::rolleyes:

Here is a link to the one I use(d, all boxes ticked now ;)):

Messier Objects - Android

Here is a link to the one I use(d, all boxes ticked now :icon_confused:):

Messier Objects - Android

Can't seem to download from this link or any other one I have found on the net for this app!

Shame, I liked the look of it!

Edited by Spackbackle