sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

Thirsk area?

• 2 weeks later...
That must be a treat for you, living up there?

Rob

Can't complain really, though the light pollution from Teesside & Northallerton can muck up the easterly views, so I tend to image towards the west.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm at Northallerton. Know a few good spots, one of them is awesome but down a bit of a rough farm track.

If anyones up for a meet let me know, got transport and some equipment....could do with a better powertank though!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Not been to SB for a viewing, seen it advertised plenty of times, think they just use the car park. I assume every direction is good from up there as your higher than the vale of York.

I'm wanting to do some more observing so if anyones up for it.

Had an evening at sutton bank and can say that its a pretty good site with the milky way clearly visible and even m31 was naked eye visible.have done a write up in another thread http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/168216-my-best-nights-viewing-ever/#entry1708201 for some viewing details but well worth a trip out.Hopefully get a midweek meet sorted out sometime as it seems to be a group friendly location

• 1 year later...

Can any one help? I'm looking for someone who knows their stars to come speak at a star gazing event in the Bedale area? This could be a paid placement. If anyone is interested please get in touch.

Many thanks

Hi I'm just outside Ripon.  What exactly do you need?