Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

FandJ

Thirsk area?

hi i live in hull dont know how close that is to thirsk. to much light polution here. keith/roz.

Im at Leeming so not that far, i know there are a couple of others around this area; Northallerton and Bedale

r3i, where do you go around here for dark sites?

I haven't ventured further than the back garden! ;)

Middlesbrough area and planning on heading up on the moors somewhere, maybe somewhere on the way to Whitby. That's when I get my telescope after Christmas :icon_salut:

Rob

Bedale area here.:icon_salut:

That must be a treat for you, living up there?

Rob

That must be a treat for you, living up there?

Rob

Can't complain really, though the light pollution from Teesside & Northallerton can muck up the easterly views, so I tend to image towards the west.

Yea I suppose it does.

I plan to get out camping for the weekends and hopefully find some decent spots and make a go of it.

Rob

I'm at Northallerton. Know a few good spots, one of them is awesome but down a bit of a rough farm track.

If anyones up for a meet let me know, got transport and some equipment....could do with a better powertank though!

Getting my scope on Wednesday EA, when I get familiar with it I hope to get out where the better skies are. I'll give you a heads up.

Rob

Anyone have any further info on viewing at sutton bank i.e. What views are best(north south etc) and the best places to view from or is the centre car park the place to be.whats security like?thinking of this for a session over the weekend

Not been to SB for a viewing, seen it advertised plenty of times, think they just use the car park. I assume every direction is good from up there as your higher than the vale of York.

I'm wanting to do some more observing so if anyones up for it.

If the weather is going to play ball i will likely be checking it out saturday afternoon into evening.its not exactly local to me but its only a couple of hours round trip so worth it if the skies are good

Had an evening at sutton bank and can say that its a pretty good site with the milky way clearly visible and even m31 was naked eye visible.have done a write up in another thread http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/168216-my-best-nights-viewing-ever/#entry1708201 for some viewing details but well worth a trip out.Hopefully get a midweek meet sorted out sometime as it seems to be a group friendly location

Can any one help? I'm looking for someone who knows their stars to come speak at a star gazing event in the Bedale area? This could be a paid placement. If anyone is interested please get in touch.

Many thanks

Can any one help? I'm looking for someone who knows their stars to come speak at a star gazing event in the Bedale area? This could be a paid placement. If anyone is interested please get in touch.

Many thanks

Hi I'm just outside Ripon.  What exactly do you need?