Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What do you keep your stuff in?

Astrosurf

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have the flight case for my fragile stuff. It's brill.

What I really need is some soft bag with compartments for leads, red acetate, head torch and all the other bits of not-very-fragile- equipment.

I know I could just go into a store and say, 'That's the one!', but I wondered if there was anything more suitable than the average bag out there!

Maplin's foam cases for 2 sets of eyepieces, the TV plossls presently no fixed home, too many of them and they are in their boxes.

Need another case for another eyepiece set.

General plossl's live in 2 large tupperware boxes padded with foam. Use these for public nights.

Things like power supplies, extn leads, torches, tripod bits etc go in a couple of trolly bags. Just need to check what is in each. One of the plossl boxes gets dropped into the bag. The lot gets wheeled out to the car.

I have a Stanley FatMax waterproof toolbox that I put my eyepieces, filters and mount electronics into. It has a tray that I put the tools and filters on. When I close the lid, I have a nice step to get to the eyepiece when it gets into those weird orientations (newt on GEM).

I will be picking up PeliCases or equivalent with better foam inserts, and bolt cases for the eyepieces as I don't need to have the Meade UWA boxes everywhere - they just happen to fit nocely and stop the toolbox contents from rattling around too much.

What do I keep my stuff in?

Suspense.

:icon_confused:

I have a range of cases, bags and boxes. Anything delicate in flight cases, anything heavy (mount head etc) in tool boxes, little bits and adapters in a compartment case tool box, telescope in bag designed for it, and a general holdall for the stuff you might need, cables and etc.

The main thing is to keep everything tidy, accessible, and clean/dry.

Cheers

Tim

My 102 Startravel is packed away in a Stanley tool box from B&Q cost £20 - I put a couple of layers of bubble wrap on the base and use the polystyrene end caps that the scope came packed with to support it - the Synscan handset goes in here with the tripod tray.

The lenses and finder are the ones that came with the scope - they are stored and travel in a clear handy box from Staples.

The 10" Dob and AZ GoTo tripod just "Dominate" my study though - no tidying them away!

Chris

Chris

What does everyone store the scope and mount in?

Mine's permanently up in our newly decorated 2nd reception room (the room has doors-edit french type, just realised that some may have thought other rooms were padded cells- so not bad getting the gear outside), but my misses had a notion (silly obviously) that she'd be able to relax in the room:D To be fair I have tidied up the DSLR gear and the eyepieces, books, maps, magazines etc, so she can now sit down.

I wouldn't mind some sort of storage so it can be out of sight behind the sofa. Any ideas?

Archived