Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Possible meet up Sunday (27th)?

rocketandroll

Hi all

Well, at the moment the predictions are that Sunday night will be nice and clear here in the east.

I know it's only a couple of days notice but... would anyone be interested in a small meet up here in Ipswich?

I was thinking, for starters, we could use my imaging site on the outskirts of town... worst case, if things don't go well it's literally 20 yards from a fairly good pub and we can lock the carpark up with the gear set up and it should be fairly safe.

If anyone's interested... drop me a PM and we'll see if we can get something organised.

I'll be down there from about 5:30pm onwards getting set up for imaging.... but I'm happy to say any time between then and 11:00 for folks to turn up if you want.

Ben

Just to quickly say thanks to Graham and Matt for popping down!

It was a great evening, I got lots of data, Matt took some snaps too, we all had a look at a few things through Matt's scope and chatted for a few hours in the cold :-)

It'd definitely be good to organise another imaging/observing session and see if we can get more of us together, maybe in the new year now?

Failing that... is everyone up for a social before Christmas? Or is it a bit too much pfaf to all meet up and NOT do any astronomy?

Thoughts?

Ben

Hi Ben

It was good to meet you too.

How did the vale neb come out in the end?

When I got home I did an 82 panel mosaic of M45.

I have 82 Tif images covering every star in M 45, each Tif is a stacked 1000 frame AVI.

Problem is Microsoft ICE cannot put it together so I am now trying to find away of doing it manually.

Anyway a good night that must be repeated soon.

Graham

Cheers Graham....

Veil data came out lovely :-)

I managed 21 X 6 minute subs in the end after taking out the ones with tails and various genetic deformities :-)

Thread on it in the DSO Imaging forum here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/165285-autumns-veil.html

I also put up the pics from the Perseus double cluster...

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/165262-quick-perseus-double-cluster.html

And the extra data added to my M45 at the end of the evening, here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/165302-seven-ugly-sisters-get-makeover.html

All in all about the most productive night of imaging I've had! :-)

It'd be great to see the M45 data you got... afraid I'm not sure if I can help on the mosaic thing... not tried it myself yet :-)

Ben

PS: Better resolution versions of all the pics are in my Flickr account in my sig.

Archived