SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eyepiece turret

gooseholla

I've used the Tak & TEC turrets.

You absolutely, fer sure, will never regret buying one!!!

Can't understand why they are not used by everybody. :)

The Tak, especially, is a beautiful piece of work.

Highly recommended.

Hope to get myself a TEC 140 in a few years. Got other priorities till then so it has to wait.. and it's not exactly a cheap piece of kit! But when I do get it, I was considering getting it with a TEC eyepiece turret. Only thing that bothers me is the 1.25" only compatibility. Which I guess would mean removing the turret and replacing it with a 2" diagonal each time I'd want to use a 2" ep. Which sort of defeats the whole purpose of the turret - practicality. Wish they made a 4 slot 2" version (with 1.25" adapters, of course) in addition to the 6 slot 1.25" one they have. I guess the numbers don't work out for that, I never really looked into it.

Thanks. Thinking of getting one as they look really useful... if not a little dangerous in the dark! That rotating one looks like some kind of eye removal system!

I assume you can screw a filter into the central part and make use of it for all the eyepieces?

When I think about it, I don't think I could ever be at peace while my 17mm Ethos was in a slot oriented towards the ground, hanging upside down like a bat in a cave.. call me paranoid but I'm never comfortable with expensive, heavy ep's in positions where the compression ring is working against gravity..

Still, very nice piece of hardware!

Archived