Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any advice? - A bit of future planning...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok well thats settled then! Im off to egypt in a month for a week so when i return i'd definately be up for starparty 3.5! Go on whip lash you know you wanna come! Its quiet, big and friendly! Who's up for 5/6/7th july?????????

Whos up for it then?

Add your name to mine below! Then i can get an idea for numbers then!!

Darren (starfgazer1980)

Who's up for 5/6/7th july?????????

Whos up for it then?

Add your name to mine below! Then i can get an idea for numbers then!!

Darren (starfgazer1980)

Just to note that that is one week from the longest day of the year! I went to kelling last year during that time and I can assure you it doesn't get dark!!!

Just thought that I should mention it. Leave it to the first week of August and you can be out observing by around 10:30.

Ant

First week of August is last qrt moon - so that might get in the way!

May I suggest the weekend of the 12th? New Moon I beleive is around then and also you have the Persied Meteor show to look at :police:

Sorry to be a pain.

Ant

been married mate! Why do you think i got a divorce! lol

Come on peeps put your name down

Now lets see... can I find the right emoticon for this?.......close enough :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:!!!!!!!!!!! You don't look old enough to get married AND divorced!! God I sound old :police:.

Ant, just checked the Moon rising/setting times and it'll be setting at 20.51 on the third and 20:38 on the tenth. Not a huge difference no? (not sure about what phase it'll be in though). Personally I'd prefer the earlier weekend as Kelling is only a month later...

I doubt very much that I can go anyway.

Just trying to be helpfull.

I booked a holiday in the Maldives and forgot to check when full moon was. Ended up with full moon slap back in the middle of the 2 weeks.... having said that it was my honeymoon and people get a little off if you start looking up lunar phases when planning things like weddings :police:

Ant, just checked the Moon rising/setting times and it'll be setting at 20.51 on the third and 20:38 on the tenth. Not a huge difference no? (not sure about what phase it'll be in though). Personally I'd prefer the earlier weekend as Kelling is only a month later...

Don't mean to doubt you but I've just checked and the moon rise/set times are as follows.

Aug 4th Rises 21:32 Sets 11:32

Aug 12th Rises 03:39 Sets 19:30

So Aug 4th would not be good (in respect to the moon), but Aug 12th much much better!

Ant

I doubt very much that I can go anyway.

Just trying to be helpfull.

I booked a holiday in the Maldives and forgot to check when full moon was. Ended up with full moon slap back in the middle of the 2 weeks.... having said that it was my honeymoon and people get a little off if you start looking up lunar phases when planning things like weddings :police:

Don't mean to doubt you but I've just checked and the moon rise/set times are as follows.

Aug 4th Rises 21:32 Sets 11:32

Aug 12th Rises 03:39 Sets 19:30

So Aug 4th would not be good (in respect to the moon), but Aug 12th much much better!

Ant

S'alright Ant, I'm only going by Cartes du Ceil's calendar which I don't take as gospel anyway.

My sister has just come back from the Maldives (Makanudu I believe) on her very belated honeymoon, she managed to blag some bins and a star map off me before she went. You probably know this already but are going going on a package deal? Apparently it's incredibly expensive, £5 for a can of Coke! :shock:

Tony.. (actually Anthony on my brith cetificate)

The maldives for me was 5 years ago, yes very expensive - worth every penny though. Spent a fortune on drink and food - but it was great!

Sorry for the off topic posts guys - I'll give myself a slap!

Ant

Archived