Narrowband

Any advice? - A bit of future planning...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If any of you guys try to book and find that there are no places left in the telescope fields.

Russ and I 1stayed in the blue section and whilst not reserved for Astronomers (so there was the odd light around) the skies were still pretty unobstructed! Plot 272 seems to ring a bell.

image.jpg

Ant

I`m on pitch 158 for Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun, and its close enough to home that the wife may actually make an appearance. Also, SGL member "peonic" may be able to get leave of absense for one night and join me on my pitch. (He usually has to fight the 24x7 Ipswich docks light pollution)

well...............ive just come bck from 2 days camping on the salisbury plains and all i can say is wow to the views, the skies and last but not least the palace of a tent (gelert utah 4+4)! The campsite was flat, beautiful, clean and all the amenaties needed for a good weekend! The best thing was the clear skies! Ive never seen stars so bright in all my life through a telescope!

The tent was easy to put up and the is so much space for family/girlfriend and telescope and all the equipment and food you could ever want!

Thanks for the recommendation jamie! It did rain quite hard early hours of saturday morning about 4.30am and the tent had no probs keeping it out, unlike wales last weekend! Then the weather cleared and saturday was another beautiful day! So was sat night and sunday!

The campsite is in the middle of nowhere, just a little light pollution from salisbury, but nothing that would hinder the viewing! At £11 pound a night inc electric hookup (£9 without) i couldnt really complain!

Pictures will be posted of tent and the site shortly

Happy campng campers lol!!! :police:

image.jpg

Above :- the palace that jamie recommended..............oh and it most certainly is a palace

image.jpg

The shower block

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nothing like a bit of grub to warm us up :police:

image.jpg

Panoramic view of the campsite

image.jpg

Beautiful evening ready for you know what.......................................thats right...stargazing :D

They do cater for caravans! The camping site is owned by a lovely couple! They're both about 85-95 years old! Very friendly and helpful! They even switched off the high powered toilet lights so i could see through my scope! All you need do is ask, they are very accomodating!

Well heres a link to their site as i was asked! If a few of you want we could do a mini star party if all us southeners would be interested, i know i would

http://members.tripod.com/summerlandspark/

Darren

P.S They are old so they cant afford a flashy website! Thats all i think that lets them down! But like you can see in the photos above, the views are beautiful!!

Archived