Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

goto, gotcha at last.

hi all,

thanks again for all the help,been having very bad weather here,so not been able to get out,but the good news is i have now sussed out how to polar align and then star align :) chose the tour from the handset but was unable to see anything much as the mist was rolling in,could only see jupiter as a fuzzy disc so i knew i was not going to see anything else,but i was just so happy that i had now got this gear working so i just had to play around with it for awhile lol.i noticed that when slewing to various targets the ep was in some very hard places to reach,as i didn't have steps i just used a crate,not ideal but it did the job.

is it possible to set my notebook up with the scope so that i can view on the notebook screen rather that using the ep on the scope,was just thinking that when i get the observatory there wont be much room for climbing about in there so if its possible to view on the notebook screen that would be great,if this can be done what equipment will i need to get,IE cables ect ect,thanks in advance for any help in this matter,just need this fog and mist to clear so that i can get outside and do my first real viewing session.:)

Hi Bibbsy

Have a look at the Video Astronomy section under Science - lots of threads on how to use relatively low cost video cameras for video assisted astronomy. This will get views onto your laptop in real time - although the image will only be updated every few seconds if you want to take advantage of the in-camera integration. This will allow you to view even dimmer objects than you can through the eyepiece.

Hope this helps

Paul

Archived