Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Your Present Age & Age You Started Stargazing?

Mr Q

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 100% scientifically minded, so I've been interested in astronomy for a number of years, but I've only been digging into the hobby for about a month. I have a brother and good friend that are getting into it along with me which helps a lot.

I'm 24.

Been looking at the sky my entire life, used to get told off for it when I was young "you'll make your neck bad".

Only ever had one telescope, which I really didn't enjoy as I couldn't really see anymore with it than I could with my binoculars, which was a Tasco (branded Jessops) 2" refractor and was the cheapest of the cheap!

Now 40 years old and my neck IS bad, though doubt it had anything to do with looking up hehe and about to buy a new 'scope which I can't wait for but am going to have to as I need to raise the funds 1st so, mid January or maybe early February I will have a Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian.....fingers crossed :icon_confused:

I got my first scope a 4" reflector when I was around about 10, I spent about 3 years looking at the sky's then I turned into a teenager and I wouldn't say I lost interest more that I lost my way, I'm now 26 and just bought my second scope the 200p, my 9yr old step son's taken a great interest in astronomy so it's given me the perfect reason for the wife to spend money on it again :-)

41, pushing 42 :-(

Always been interested but really started when I got a 6" newt for my 30th. Seen lots since then, and spent lots too :-)

I am a purely visual observer, and consider myself a bit of a slow burner. Don't get out to observe as much as I would like but have consistently maintained interest over the years

Stu

Wish I'd started a lot younger when my eyes were keener - but only got my first scope 4-5yrs ago - allways been interested though since I saw the first moon landings, PM's first broadcasts, post war rocket scientists, sputnik, Gagarin, Telstar, Apollo 13, The Dish, space shuttles, venus transit, haleybop etc - allways followed all that stuff. Heading fast for 57yrs now lol :icon_confused:

Walked around the garden with a Collins Guide when I was 12, 13 or so. And again in my late teens and early twenties (fuelled by Hawkwind and dubious lifestyle choices). Now 41 and the bug has bitten deeper.

But I have always had a fascination with space, science fiction and the mysteries of the infinite; my eldest has 'Yuri' as a middle name - in my estimation YG is humanity's greatest hero thus far. :icon_confused:

• 3 weeks later...

As a young teenager at school all things space and Astronomical, I have now had more than my three score years and ten and its been a constant relationship, but not seriously until the last three years or so, over which time I have accumulated some nice equipment and quite a library of books :icon_salut:

Archived