Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Coronado PST - what can I expect to see?

Just wondering about this telescope as a daytime experience, seeing photos is one thing but observing it live for myself is surely a whole different experience.

Has anyone got this or a similar telescope? What should I expect to see through it - will the image be black and white? Will it be anything like observing the moon through my ST80 with 25mm eyepiece?

Thanks for the advice!

You will see a red coloured Sun. On the surface you will see sunspots and other details - not too much granulation. You will also be able to see (at the same time) any prominences. I say at the same time as those of us who take pictures need to take one set/shot for surface detail and a seperate one for the proms.

Using a barlow or higher mag eyepiece such as a zoom will get you more details of the proms and sunspots.

Visually you won't get anywhere near the detail of the images posted here, they have a lot of post capture processing to bring out the detail.

Archived