Slow motion controls

gooseholla

Hello

A few years ago the slow mo knobs on my shafts broke - both of them - so the dealer sent me new slow mos. They are long shafts with screws to hold them on. However, for years now, they fall off after about 5 mins of using them and don't sit well (the screws stop them from turning all the way).

Is there any place that sells proper ones for a Celestron EQ5 mount?

Thanks

No, they're like the tracking rods posted above. They are too big for the shafts, and the screws mean that they can't sit properly on the shaft and be used to turn all the way. They're useless, I just try and turn the shafts by hand normally. Anything with screws isn't going to fit, because of the way the mount is built - too many bits of metal where the shafts are.

It originally had small knobs on (like the Vixen) which snapped after about 2 or 3 turns. Also, because the scope is so big, it made reaching them very difficult, which is why I liked the long handles... until I found out they were basically useless.

gooseholla,

On my EQ-5 I can put RA knobs from both sides of the mount (the same with DEC), but only on one sides fixation screws can sit properly and can be turned all the way round. Maybe this is the case..

Good luck

Archived