Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Pleiades. First guided Images

Tommy B

Friday was a really clear night for me and a great chance to use my new Orion starshoot autoguider and 50mm guide scope for the first time.

After putting off guiding for far too long I was really pleased how simple and painless the process was.

I was limited for time due to having to get up early the following day to catch a train but managed 1Hr 45mins on the seven sisters (M45).

This was the first dso I tried to image when I started astrophotography and Im really pleased how far I've progressed since then. The first try was literally just a bunch of very blurry stars.

Telescope - Equinox ED80 pro

Camera - Unmodded Canon EOS 1000D

Mount - NEQ6

Guiding - Orion starshoot autoguider with 50mm guidscope.

35 x 180s at ISO 800

20 darks

Stacked in Deep sky stacker and processed in PS 7.0

No flats due to time constraints but managed to reduce the gradient in Photoshop.

Also I am getting a rather nasty reflection of some kind being produced by my Baader Neodymium Filter but again managed to remove the effects with photoshop.

Feel free to criticise and have a play if you want.

Thanks for looking :)

Full size image can be found here

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/Tommy_B83/ThePleiades.jpg

tommy-b-albums-early-attempts-picture14509-pleiades.jpg

Hi

This was also my very first imaging target. i then like you progressed onto auto guiding, and used m45 many times for OAG practice due to easy guide star capture. m45 is like an old reliable friend and it never fails to impress. very well done.

ATB martyn

As Orion pursues them across the sky, you imaged them fleeing! so great an image!

As pretty as they are I wish orion would hurry up and catch them! Im desperate to get at the nebula and see what I can do with it one year on from starting cosmotography:D. I have a new Atik 314L+ just sitting in the box screaming to be let loose on it. This time its personal :)

Yes that is really nice! Great to hear it was simple as well but I think you may be being a bit modest :). I am desperatley wanting to get into AP but all the options of what to buy are killing me so to see your result with modest (in relative terms) equipment is inspiring.

Cheers

Dave

Archived