Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Imaging with a Dob

SoulFrenzy

Imaging has always attracted me and I have an 8" Dob. I know that I need a tracking mount to get quality images, but is there anyway I can at least take decent images without a tracking mount? I know Orion sells a camera mount for cameras to sit in. I am thinking about getting it. I know that images of the moon will be good. I (rather my wife) have a DSLR Cannon that takes decent images. I guess my overall question is what can I do with just a Dob mount? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

hi and welcome from me i image with a 12" reflector on a dob mount dso`s are a challenge and are ok as for the moon ,and my cannon 10d works brill as the subs are short,on the other hand a cheap web cam will get you the planets but i have tried some dso`s that have worked you will need some adapters for the camera heres a pic of a few of mine(adapters for my cannon and webcam bits) theres always the option of wide field shots on a standard camera tripod or a cheap home made barn door tracker hope this helped you

thanks todd8137

ps i have lots of pics taken with the cannon 10d and the webcams in this pic

v

v

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/todd8137/

take a look when you have 5 minutes to burn

Archived