Narrowband

honley group

nightfisher

yeah iv noticed, maybe if we wrote to the society to see if they have anyway to advertise it too. a little local group would be good and then we might all get to go to the obsy every so often then as well. i might develop a little flyer that i could put in 1 or 2 shops as well :-)

ok, well il have a nosey about whats going on in the next couple of weeks and let you know. i cant believe iv never been up there even though iv wanted to go for years, no 1 would come with me lol, i am finding a few people though that have been hiding there passion though, woop lol :-)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I need to go for a walk around with the dogs and see if I can find anywhere... Need a dry day first though

if you find a spot your happy with, i might be able to join you once in a while, shame you dont have a car as my main spot is very dark

Guys just thinking that honley isn't that far away from winscarr reservoir where a lot of the Wakefield group go quite regularly so may be usefull for you :)

My main problem is I don't drive but I'm sure I could convince the mother to drive me somewhere every so often. Nightfisher are you meaning digley? Think I will badger my mum to take me up there at some point when it's clear :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My main problem is I don't drive but I'm sure I could convince the mother to drive me somewhere every so often. Nightfisher are you meaning digley? Think I will badger my mum to take me up there at some point when it's clear :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes, i would take you but small car with 2 large scopes and 3 people does not work

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys I live in the hudds area have any meet ups been arranged yet. unfortunately at the mo im only free on a Tuesday night soon I'll have sunday nights free as well and I will be able to offer a lift to one or two people as well. I've got a decent size car so two or three scopes wouldn't be a problem. It'd be nice to get out with some people who know what they're doing :) keep me updated please<br />

<br />

Sam<br />

<br />

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk<br />

<br />

• 6 months later...

Any luck yet, guys? I'm in Longwood but used to live in the Berry Brow / Honley area. :) Speaking of which, Longwood Edge could be a potential site but not sure how it'd be for light pollution (especially if the high school playing field spotlights are on) and it'd require a little bit of scope carrying to actually get into the field. Just a thought.
Surely there's somewhere ideal in Marsden? Bit of a trek though.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, we have our observatory location in Crosland Moor. The skies aren't perfect, but they're not bad for our area.

A few of us are considering starting up again with simple observing sessions for astronomers only - no members of the public. This should let get some serious observing/imaging done, with a nice chance to chat between ourselves.

Also, there's a pub down the road in case things go cloud-shaped.

These sessions are going to be on a very ad-hoc basis and can basically be on any clear day of the week (although weekends will be less likely). If anyone wants to be included in the email round-robin then simply DM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived