SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

If you could ask Brian Cox any question...

palebluedot

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many people posting on this thread are a teeny bit envious of Brian's proffesion,the airplay he gets on tv and the lifestyle he has connected to his proffesion.

We probably all had the same chance's as he had but either never thought about it,never had the drive to do it,didn't have the patience to see it through or were passionate enough like Brian to love astronomy that much he made his career a chosen one.

Who would you rather see presenting/narrating his programmes? Richard Madeley or somebody like him with no knowledge of astronomy whatsoever?

Are you breaking them in for Shergar ?

Haha good one

I do actually like Brian and like most people on here were just having a bit of fun.

One thing us Brits are good at is poking fun at each other and being able to laugh at it and ourselves

I'm sure Brian himself would find the thread amusing

Jake

Just one question? I've got a million, million, million, million, million, million, million, million, million questions. That would be enough that if I asked them all one after another, it would take me 300 thousand, million, million, million, million, million, million, million, million years to ask them all - and that's longer than the universe is old! (lousy paraphrasing but hopefully the point comes across!)

More seriously, yes the moody shots of him looking into the distance from some exotic location with a tenuous link to whatever the show's subject is get a tad tedious but I wholeheartedly agree that he is brilliant for the hobby and for promoting science to kids.

Like someone else said earlier in this thread, it was his show this spring that convinced me to buy a scope. The huge proportion of "newbies" at PSP2011 suggests that we are far from alone.

My question: are you going to try to beat Sir Patrick of Moore's record for the number of consecutive shows you present?

No question the guy is good for getting people more interested in science, he just does my nut.

I think it's a combination of the overly repeated 'deep and meaningful gaze into middle distance' and the requirement to attend every country or landmass per episode for seemingly no reason. To be fair, I imagine that's probably more down to the production company trying to capture the increasingly short attention spans of the general populus than the chap himself.

Don't get me wrong, if i had the opportunity to get flown to the south pole in order to demonstrate that snow has a pale hue or arizona to allow a comparison to be drawn between sand and galaxies, you better believe i'd be all over it.

Archived