SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

If you could ask Brian Cox any question...

palebluedot

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend has got a thing for him, we call him Mr Smirk lol! :)

Not sure what question I would ask him, seriosuly I couldn't narrow it down to one! He may not be everyones 'cup of tea', but who is? Everyone is different :) He is good for me and my son, easy to understand and the way he explains things is easy to follow.

Why is it us Brits dislike success?
I don't think "Us Brits" dislike success so much... We are just "irreverent & circumspect"? LOL. Laudably, and not easily, given to religious - Or SECULAR idolatory - At least, before today's "cult of celebrity". :) We (science too!) need[ed] *a* (at least ONE?) Brian Cox. I'm less sure we need the current band of BBC-salaried, camp-following, "humanistic", Oxbridge, alternative comedic, celebrities, who have "embraced science" as a tool to BERATE the rest of unschooled, po'-assed, credulous folks though... :cool:

Don't KICK me - Just an bemused ordinary (now amateur!) ex-scientist trying to understand the current phenomenology! :)

I know alot of people don't like him or get annoyed by him on here but i think he is great. If it wasn't for him i wouldn't be on this forum.

I watched stargazing live and the wonders series and he inspired me to take up astronomy, and now nearly a year later from then i have already got my own scope and im viewing the GRS moving across Jupiter.

My question would be: What is the geekiest thing you have done?

Matt

I know alot of people don't like him or get annoyed by him on here but i think he is great. If it wasn't for him i wouldn't be on this forum.

I watched stargazing live and the wonders series and he inspired me to take up astronomy, and now nearly a year later from then i have already got my own scope and im viewing the GRS moving across Jupiter.

My question would be: What is the geekiest thing you have done?

Matt

thats says it all .:)

I don't think "Us Brits" dislike success so much... We are just "irreverent & circumspect"? LOL. Laudably, and not easily, given to religious - Or SECULAR idolatory - At least, before today's "cult of celebrity". :) We (science too!) need[ed] *a* (at least ONE?) Brian Cox. I'm less sure we need the current band of BBC-salaried, camp-following, "humanistic", Oxbridge, alternative comedic, celebrities, who have "embraced science" as a tool to BERATE the rest of unschooled, po'-assed, credulous folks though... :cool:

Don't KICK me - Just an bemused ordinary (now amateur!) ex-scientist trying to understand the current phenomenology! :)

Wow an ex-scientist familiar with the work of Merleau-Ponty....heheheh

Its such a shame that on every show hes on we have to endure endless moody shots of the patronising one looking into the far distance with his smug grin and girly hair.

I turn off as soon as hes one these days, a truly awful TV presenter.

Wow!

A little harsh maybe IMO.

He may not be everybody's ideal presenter but i'd rather have Brian Cox than somebody like Richard Madeley who only reads a script wrote for him and knows nothing about what he's actually saying.

At least Brian Cox knows what he's talking about and is clearly passionate about it.

He gets my vote.

What does he think of John Culshaw's impression of him?

Absolutely amazing! :)

In all seriousness though, i think he's great. Very intelligent and passionate about what he does. He's done a lot more with his life than most have done, and he's helping to educate others. Who cares if he has a few annoying habits like staring into the distance or talking in fragmented sentences? Given the subjects he delves into, i expect most people welcome that fact that he talks slowly lol

1. Are your teeth real??

2. Why did you look so excited and suprised when you looked at jupiter on stargazing live?? you have done and seen things we can only dream of and you looked like you was gonna wet your pants with excitement.

3. Can i come with you when you next travel the world and universe please??

My question would be

"So, what was it really like being a member of the iconic British band Blur?".

Quickly followed by

"What do you mean your name isn't Alex James...........so who are you?"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Archived