Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter + 4 Moons; My first try

Shibby

Having recently bought a webcam from a fellow SGL member, I had the opportunity last night to try my hand at planetary imaging for the very first time.

I didn't really know what I was doing or what settings to use! The seeing seemed pretty bad, the imaging swimming all over the place, so as a poor workman I think I will blame that for the lack of detail ;)

This is a composition of 3 frames with different exposure settings for the moons. I've got loads of captured videos from last night, any tips on getting the best out of them??

SPC900

SW 150PDS

2x barlow

From left to right: Callisto, Europa, Io, Jupiter and Ganymede.

shibby-albums-planetary-images-picture14472-jupiter-4-moons-my-first-ever-attempt-planetary-imaging-left-right-callisto-europa-io-jupiter-ganymede.jpg

Thanks guys :)

I have a couple of newbie questions if you don't mind...

• Can I stack 2 videos together? Registax seems to allow you to load 2 videos but when I stack them, they don't seem to align properly (I get a double image). This makes me doubt whether I'm even aligning the 1 video properly at all??
  • I would like to try with more FL. Can I expect reasonable results by stacking two barlows? I currently have a TV 2x barlow, so am thinking of combining this with a cheaper 2x barlow.

Lovely image with the four moons looking all different !

Definitely something I would like to try too.

Ah, there's so many different way's for Jupiter to pose for the camera.......:)

Sorry, can't really advice on stacking Barlows, but I would be reluctant to introduce more glass with a Barlow of which your not sure of the quality (apart from the costs, I'd advice looking/asking around for an affordable proven good one).

Jeffrey

Archived