Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

foundaplanet

No doubt that this.....

blue sky that is currently sitting over my house is just another mid afternoon teaser to leave me with those evening thoughts of what could have been.

I will stand the scope outside because you never know, but, by my estimation the cloud should start rolling in about half an hour after sunset and it'll be the spaceboy blues again ;)

Looking like the south east has got a good chance.. wishing you luck..

Although clear overhead we've been having low level mist/ fog on the coast.

Sometimes, we have to adapt to the not-so-good observing conditions. One day, when a cloud cover was forecasted for that night, I set up my scope a half hour before sunset and got to see sunspots on the Sun, Mercury and Venus, the pale Moon's surface and, knowing where to look, Jupiter (the bright sky background offered a strange contrast image).

That night wasn't so bad either - when the clouds rolled in, I spent a couple hours at several astronomy forum sites.

But night after night with clouds like you people are dealing with does take a lot of patience. My heart goes out to you all. Hang in there - sooner or later youir waiting will be rewarded. Mr Q

Well the scope is out now, and had a quick look at Jupiter, just giving the scope time to cool properly now.

Well the scope is out now, and had a quick look at Jupiter, just giving the scope time to cool properly now.

Nice ;)

All up and running here too..

Haven't left work yet, but when i get home thinking of skipping dinner and getting straight out there. Fingers crossed.

sent from galaxy SII

Bit South of you but pretty clear here.

Strange dots of light in the sky.

Big bright one in the East, have heard that it is a planet.

just got in from work and to tired to get the scope out, typical as there's not a cloud in the sky for a change. ;)

Gonna wrap up and use the bins for an hour or so :)