SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 16/11

oldfruit

I see now after a quick session tonight how the seeing conditions can change from day to day and how it affects attempts at imaging. Tonight looking at Jupiter on screen was like watching it jump in and out of focus during each capture.

Due to the wonders of modern technology, even i was able to salvage something from tonight, so not the best but hoping for better next time.

Here are the best ones from tonight.

Mark.

post-20855-133877694132_thumb.jpg

post-20855-133877694139_thumb.jpg

post-20855-133877694144_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

It is nice to see additional features visible on Jupiter at the moment. The barges add a little extra to what might otherwise be a bit of a so so image. To my eyes the whole disc is full of features at the moment and is a pleasure to observe visually as well as image.

Carastro, thanks for pointing that out about the GRS as i did wonder if that was what it was.

Thanks.

Mark.

Really nice ;)

I tried the same evening but also had the dancing fuzball going in and out of focus :) I also had the problem that at that time the whole neighbourhood seemed to take showers so my view was spoiled by the chimneys too.

How do you salvage the captures ? Do you use Virtual dub to cut away the bad parts, or do you sift through the frames in Registax ? Maybe I can save my images too.....

Jeffrey

Really nice ;)

I tried the same evening but also had the dancing fuzball going in and out of focus :) I also had the problem that at that time the whole neighbourhood seemed to take showers so my view was spoiled by the chimneys too.

How do you salvage the captures ? Do you use Virtual dub to cut away the bad parts, or do you sift through the frames in Registax ? Maybe I can save my images too.....

Jeffrey

To be honest i just try to make the best of the conditions and make sure collimation and focus are as good as possible, registax does all the sorting for me:D as i do not feel i have the experience or the know how to do it myself.

I did 6 captures last night and the results i have posted are the best 3. Most of the time(though not always) there will be moments of better seeing during a capture and that is where registax works its magic. To be honest i was rather pleased that these came out as they did as i had expected them to be worse as on screen during capture Jupiter looked awful some of the time.

I should point out that all the setting i use are from advice or posts by other members on this forum. Truth be known i would not have much of a clue if it were not for the helpful advice on here.

Mark.

Archived