SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What Got You Started In Stargazing?

Mr Q

all of those years c a r p fishing at night in very dark places, lying on the bedchair with the bins just looking up.

Also my son asking for a scope for his birthday, works wonders with the wife as all the stuff I buy is for him!!! ;):D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finding my dad's telescope he got one christmas, me being the naughty child sneaked a peak as he went out for a drink I carefully stood on a chair to look though at the moon as soon as it was in sight I was so amazed at how close I could see him I was taken by surprise, since that one day my dad used it, and in his words 'its sh*t this telescope, trust your mum to get me a **** present' so since then I have been using it :) he might think it is **** but I don't

actually saying all that I did actually get jupiter in sight last night he was showing all 4 moons (nice and clear thanks to flo so fast when sending me the lenses) so I said to my mum come and look at jupiter , she was like WOW thats amazing .............. my dad heard us talking and he has to come and look as he muttered 'pffttt it wont be jupiter pfftt' he looked and said OMG it's jupiter thats brill where did you get the telescope from?? I said it's your sh*t one remember, or should I say MY sh*t one ;):D hehe

so thanks to my dad its down to him and his 'sh*t' prezzi haha :) oh btw it's a celestron 21045 114mm f 900mm coated optics I don't know what any of it is but I know it is not the best but I do see a lot from it so it can't be too bad

A combination of some things mentioned and some best not uttered on a family forum!

Star Wars (the first film, cinema with my dad '77), the night skies in the countryside of my youth, science fiction, space rock, ie. Hawkwind and other festival bands, recreational activities associated with Hawkwind and their ilk combined with 'nature's light show', and now, with greater maturity and sense: a sense of wonder at the infinitude of space, its wonders and mysteries, openness and possibility.

Many years ago I "discovered" an atlas of stars. I knew what is Solar System and others but I stated that my knowledge and informations are insufficient. I became interested in structure of Universe and objects and phenomenons.

Archived