Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Baffa

Hello from Sweden!

Hello everyone!

New guy here from Sweden ;) I have always been interested in astronomy but never really taken the first steps of getting a proper telescope until last week.

I bought a Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT with a Celestron Eyepiece kit from a dealer here in Sweden.

First night out I tried the align function but failed because I entered the wrong location, found out that when I messed around with the thing inside later that night.

But, I could still of course manually move around the telescope and Wow, the moon looked amazing! Such amazing detail! And to my big surprise I realised that "star" was actually Jupiter, I could easily see the bands, I was really Amazed!

The second night I managed to align it properly, worked like a charm and I started to mess around with cameras and snapped a couple of pictures, the moon looked great, everything else not so great but it was still fun :)

I also had a nice view of andromeda, despite the bad seeing, really amazing.

So, how will I go from here, well, I have ordered a flashed philips webcam so I can share the amazing things you can see in the scope. And of course, I hope for a real clear sky so I can see even more!

This is fun :)

Edited by Baffa

Yes, weather has been bad. Last night was my first possible for over four weeks!

Hur som helst, välkommen in i astrovärlden!

You really should explore deep sky. That is where the fun is. Me, I don't even bother with eyepieces any more. I did visual the first couple of nights and then the camera ended up on the scopes permanently. This was just one year ago when I restarted astronomy that had been dormant since the mid eighties.

/p

Hello and welcome on board.

Glad your having fun that's what it's all about.

Hi! I'm a foreigner who has recently moved to Sweden, and I was wondering which dealer you got your scope from?

Do you know of any dealers in the Lund/Malmö area?

Thanks (and welcome!) ;)

Hello Baffa, Welcome to Stargazers Lounge.

Hi! I'm a foreigner who has recently moved to Sweden, and I was wondering which dealer you got your scope from?

Do you know of any dealers in the Lund/Malmö area?

Thanks (and welcome!) ;)

Hi, i bought it from teleskop-service.se. Not sure where they have their shop as i ordered it online.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Hi Baffa and welcome to the forum

Clear skies

James