Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

blusky

Another week with no break in the cloud...

The Norfolk Radio man says could be a frost in the morning and atm there a big bright Jupiter shining in the East, the Scope has been cooling down for a couple of hours, fingers crossed it don't cloud over..

How accurate is 7Timer compared with the Met Office? For tomorrow night 7Timer is also showing clear skies for me but the Met Office is predicting drizzle.

Well it's fog and cloud here so -1 to 7Timer ;)

Well, when all was said and done, it was a bright sunny day here and clear until just shy of 9pm. Actually, really clear. No twinkling. could see a bunch of stars from the street lamp lit driveway!

Unfortunately, I got stuck at work so just had a quick look up from the garden when I got in. Could see the mist creeping up in the distance ;)

was clear tonight 15/11 for about an hour, got the dob out, alligned then the A&6%$ cloud came in!

Two nights of visibility in the last four weeks here. The first one I had to be somewhere else. The second I got everything set up, focussed on Jupiter and the clouds rolled in!

Oddest thing happening in the skies over Derby right now. Clouds seem to have taken on a uniform blue colour. Mad.

Actually looks like it could be pretty clear here tonight, maybe even get a glimpse of the Leonids.

2 nights a month on average. Make the most of these precious days. Stay up all night (burn yourself out). And by the time you've recovered the next precious day comes along.

Finally, a clear night, what a joy!

A mediocre seeing of Jupiter (bright, but moderate contrast, the GRS is due to come out after midnight). Good seeing of Uranus. Will leave the Moon and Mars for early Sat or Sun morning...

Ah, the longer wait the better it gets. M42 was surprisingly good, and so was the Moon.

been awful here for ages, a few very brief gaps in the clouds and whats more annoying is above the clouds it seems very clear:(

driving home from London tonight to Essex the moon was low and looked fantastic, not a cloud in the sky but tooooooo tired to get the scope out so the bins will have to do.