EQMOD - best gamepad?

swag72

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I will give that a go once the scopes are all back in place once the obs roof is finished. Can I just ask Chris, if I can connect my mount to Stellarium already, does that mean I already have the necessary ASCOM driver on the PC, so will only need to download EQMOD and it will all talk to each other?

Are you currently using stellariumscope and the Celestron ASCOM driver then or are you using Stellarium's inbuilt driver?

If you have already installed the ASCOM platform and StellariumScope then all you need to download is the EQMOD ASCOM driver.

Chris.

You don't need that big block of plastic in the EQDIR adapter. I recently sold mine and bought one of the Shoestring cables instead that does the same job, only much neater.

FLO don't sell them, unfortunately, but Opticstar delivered very quickly.

That looks much neater and tidier ;)

I think I've got the ASCOM driver already installed Chris, so should be OK - Many thanks.

Cheers folks - This is the cable I need to connect from the EQDIR adaptor to the PC?

Clicky here

Then the EQDIR adaptor plugs into the mount and you're good to go?

I purchased a cheap USB A-B cable from E-bay for my EQDIR adaptor.

Had nothing but problems!!

EQMOD kept locking out 'Not Responding'.

Turned out it was the cable sending intermittent signals. ;)

Spent a bit more and purchased another from a reputable cable firm.

Has worked PERFECT since then.......:)

Wayne

Archived