Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do

Rob Alien

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Rob and I'm from north Kent in the UK. I'm and English teacher in my day job but I took up astronomy last year because I've always had a science/ mathematics bug-bear to get over. I've really enjoyed it so far and seeing Saturn for the first time last spring was worth the late nights and swearing. Currently I have a Celestron 130 but hoping to upgrade soon- fingers crossed.

Anyway, that's me. Look forward to finding my way around.

Rob

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob,

Warm welcome to SGL, just let us lot know when you are upgrading and remember to set your budget and keep a little spare for a couple of decent eyepieces. After a month and 50 posts you will have access to the buy & sell section.!!.

Cheers

Hi all,

Thank you for all the hellos and the warm welcome.

Brantuk- I'm looking to upgrade to a Skywatcher SynScan 127. I'm not sure how much budget I'll have to play with but I've been impressed with what I've seen from this scope. You seem to get a lot of bang for the bucks and I enjoy planetary observation.

Double Kick Drum- I'm also ruralish actually. Between Rochester and Gravesend. Can't say we get the best skies but it could be worse.

Look forward to learning a lot a hopefully being able to contribute something too.

Best wishes,

Rob A

Archived