Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter and Io 13/11

oldfruit

I had not intentionally set out to image Io with Jupiter tonight but was lucky enough to have managed it. Got the GRS too so really happy with these.

I would like to be able to get the images a bit sharper but i am not sure if it is down to my inexperience:D, the seeing or my equipment.

Anyways, thanks for looking.

Mark.

post-20855-133877692775_thumb.jpg

post-20855-133877692781_thumb.jpg

Oops, i may have been mistaken in my haste at the naming of the moon visible in the pics. The bright moon is Europa, though Io is just visible if you look carefully:D.

Here are a couple more pics from tonight, one pic showing both moons clearly.

Please correct me if i am wrong about the names.

Mark.

post-20855-133877692799_thumb.jpg

post-20855-133877692806_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the comments.

I have been using an 8 inch Helios reflector with a 3x tv barlow and an spc900 with a revelation ir block filter.

The settings i have used have been settings sugested on other posts by other forum members;).

You gotta love SGL as with a little research you can usually find the answer to your questions before even asking, and half the fun is finding out for yourself through trial and error.

Thanks again.

Mark.

That's a really great image. One of the best I've ever seen imaged with an SPC900 webcam (no, probably THE best). I'm using one with a 10" Newt and haven't produced anything as sharp as this. Hope you don't mind, but I had a little tweak and managed to tease a bit more detail. Hope I haven't overdone it.

post-16549-133877692885_thumb.jpg

Luke, i don`t mind at all, tweak away:). i have yet to master the wavelets and am still learning every time image and process. Having seen some of the images you have been producing lately your comments mean a lot.

Thanks.

Mark.

Archived