Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

mert

Converting shed to obs

Jack,

Following your question, I believe Gina was simply telling you what "pm" meant. She was not sending you a private message. As far as I can tell, Tim was asking you to send him a pm.

hope this makes sense?

For my part, that is correct :p Sorry if my short reply caused confusion.

Another vote for building from scratch, it means that you can have the design you want rather than the constraints imposed by an existing construction. I once converted an 8 metre silo dome to astro use, what a PITA!. My current obsy build is for a solar facility, no need for a warm room! :p

Gina,

Thanks.

Astrokev thanks for clarifying.

Tim I will send you a PM.

I wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year.

Jack

Jack, right click on the Member's name - a pop out list appears, one reads "Send a private message to xxxxx"

Jack, right click on the Member's name - a pop out list appears, one reads "Send a private message to xxxxx"

It's actually a Left click on the members name :p

I want to convert my Gemini shed roof 6 by 6 1/2 feet which already has mains power installed by an electrician any ideas? I will post a picture later.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack - The telescope area in my obsy is 6' square and barely big enough for my MN190 which is not a 'big' scope by any means...

see: http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-observatories/147917-fitzroy-observatory-shed.html should give you some idea of scale...

Francis,

Your pictures give a good idea of scale. I may just leave the CGEM and C11 covered in the garden.

Regards,

Jack

are green house took a nose dive, i now have a great 9x7 foot shed,i jut took the glass out and covered with wood and did the roof