Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

cabby

Morgan Computers Philips Web Cam

I've seen from other post's that the webcam's can take a while to arrive. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago but wasn't to worried as this seems about the time they take to arrive, that was until I recieved an email this morning asking me to rate my recent purchase!! Has anyone else had this and not recieved it! I've got to wait till tomorrow now to find out :D

Ordered mine over a week ago, spoke to them on friday, seems they got a dodgy batch of adaptors. They've got more coming this friday so might get something then. Hopefully!

Sully

Ordered mine a week ago. Called them on Friday to see where it was. I was told the adapters were out of stock and a new batch is due in Friday coming and I can forget any chance of seeing it before a week Tuesday. You can almost guarantee the perfect webcam conditions next weekend can't you :D

Ordered mine on Wednesday, amusingly the order confirmation said "Your order is summarised below and will be shipped the next working day". Must be a new definition of next working day.....

I did ask about the stock not showing as unavailable and was told that the system they use does not allow accurate tracking of stock. WHAT!!!!????.

I asked if I could be given a call if the stock does not come in and was told that the system they use does not allow accurate tracking of failed customer orders. WHAT WHAT!!!!???

I really want the cam and they do seem to be offering the best price but the information I have been given over the phone and the messing around I have had to go through to find out about an item I have paid for,and the funds left my account, I will certainly not be using the company as the first port of call for anything else.

the stock system they use does not allow accurate tracking of failed customer orders. WHAT WHAT!!!!???

explains why I got the email then, they must think it's been sent!! :D I'll find out in the morning.

If they are having trouble it would of been nice to get at least an email saying so and not one asking how I'm enjoying my purchase!!.

Just looked at them on ebay, they go by the name of Bentham Ltd (the company I believe took over Morgans) and the complaints make good reading, I did see on another thread that someone's web cam looked second hand when they recieved it and after reading some of these complaints it seems it's other things as well.

As Shakespeare said " I smell a device " the stocks of these cams must come to an end at sometime, as information originally had it they were produced for the foreign TV market, and I doubt Phillips are making new stocks to sell at the current price,

delivery a while back only took a couple of days from Morgans and was first class, I have an idea they are negotiating for further quantities from whoever may still have them, this seems more likely as the adapters can be produced in a matter of days, taking that into consideration a two week wait seems IMHO that there is more going on than has been said :D

Just spoken to sales about my order and have been told the adapters will be in tomorrow!!

Did say it would of been nice to have been told if there was to be a delay, seeing as they have my email and mobile no. She said accounts should of notified me of the delay, when I told her they had just sent me an email asking how I was enjoying it she was apologetic and said it should be sent tomorrow!! We shall wait and see!! :D

Hi,

Mine took two-and-a-half weeks to arrive. As others have said I would not choose to use this company if other options were available. However in the case of this particular webcam, it seems most end up ordering from Morgans!

dag123

just rung them to check it was sent yesterday,.................it wasn't!! ;)

said the adapters would not be in till the 18th!!!, so I'm having it sent without the adapter and I'll get it elsewhere, at least then I will have the webcam!! or will I ? :)

well it's friday and you've guessed it the postie has been and no webcam as promised!! ;) now 3 weeks!!

I ordered the adapter myself from Astro Developements on wed's and it arrived this morning (great service). :D

Just rang Morgans for the 3rd time this week and it still hasn't been sent!!!! :):mad::):mad: had a few words and now it is being sent by courier for mon (we shall see!!)

For anyone else still waiting for their's they say they still haven't got the adapters!! I'm begining to think they are taking our money and haven't actually got the webcams!!

I've seen from other post's that the webcam's can take a while to arrive. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago but wasn't to worried as this seems about the time they take to arrive, that was until I recieved an email this morning asking me to rate my recent purchase!! Has anyone else had this and not recieved it! I've got to wait till tomorrow now to find out ;)

Give them a call or email. That is what I did, interestingly Morgan Computers is that their trading name. They are called something else. But they were good to their word and it did eventually arrive. Customer service was excellent.

I did ask about the stock not showing as unavailable and was told that the system they use does not allow accurate tracking of stock. WHAT!!!!????.

I asked if I could be given a call if the stock does not come in and was told that the system they use does not allow accurate tracking of failed customer orders. WHAT WHAT!!!!???

I really want the cam and they do seem to be offering the best price but the information I have been given over the phone and the messing around I have had to go through to find out about an item I have paid for,and the funds left my account, I will certainly not be using the company as the first port of call for anything else.

I have come across this issue with many astronomy sites. I was after a EP for my spotting scope, no one can get hold of it but all the sites I tried said it was in stock. Only to take my money, then wait a month (they said wait a month when I contacted them for a delivery date). Why o why can't some of these sites be honest and say it is out of stock. They appear happy to take your money up front!!

Ordered a SPC880 bundle from Morgan last thursday (10 Nov). Sent them an e-mail chasing yesterday - apparently a supplier has "let them down" and they expect to be shipping them in three working days........

Its annoying as they could have informed customers of this delay - not that the skies have been visible to do any photography recently!

Adam.

Well they were true to their word at last, it arrived at 9:15 this morning. :)

Now all I need is the fog to go and no clouds so I can have a play!! Mid week is looking promising :)

It never hurts to ring a company to get the current stock levels before ordering online. I do this with every company I use including FLO and Warehouseexpress. At least you will then know what the current delivery is likely to be and not be disappointed. I don't mind being told it will take a fortnight to deliver IF it does take a fortnight, but I hate seeing in stock for next day delivery and then finding out it is a pack of lies.

and it is a pack of lies regardless of the excuses made about the 'system'. If the system doesn't work dump it !

Edited by Photosbykev

Hi Cabby,

I ordered the webcam bundle on the 13/11/11 and still waiting.

5th of november here and still waiting. There will be an irate phone call taking place tomorrow. Not a site I will ever buy from again. Sometimes it pays to spend out the extra and deal with a company that has their act together. I am not surprised the customer service guys seem very nice and helpful - based on this thread they get a lot of practice. I do not want to start flaming a business, especially in this economy, but the current state of the world finances should mean that places like this work harder to make their money to avoid losing customers in droves. I have two friends who were both going to buy from this site after they heard about the cams. No longer. They paid a tenner more and had the kit 3 days later.

I've sent emails to all three addresses on their web page and not a one as responded. A sharp learning curve for a few of us then.!!!!