SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello to all @ SGL a newbie with "a new angle" on telecopes

radiostationx

Hello Mr Pessoa up there in the Highlands of Scotland and yet another 200p owner checking in..the 200p being the tartan variant I expect...;)

Thanks Pessoa for the welcome, nice to meet you.

I take it you chose the 200p as the top would be just clear of the snow @ your location in winter !

Regards

RSX

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI RSX

A warm welcome to the SGL, If and when you get you scope I hope you will give it a try out on the planet ect ,well worth the look good luck with you new hobby

don't forget to show us you work when you take some images

Doug

Essex

Wotcha Mr Doug,

That’s some kinda gear setup you have there.. Thanks for taking the time away from your naglers and things to say hello.

You had me googlying “planet etc” I thought this is a new 13th one you had discovered with all that gear you have there !;)

Az it appens, it seemz that you made a typo and typed “planet etc” instead of “planets etc” you wideboy Essex devil.:)

You got me good n proper on that one !

Regards

RSX

Hello to you too Mr Tzetze from the Emerald Isle…Top of the evening to you Kind Sir.

Many Thanks for dropping in and for the welcome.

Nice to meet you.

RSX

Good evening Mr Antx in Dartmoor, a good stargazing spot with your 200p I would wager.

I would like to see some of my work too, when I get enuf beer vouchers saved up im gonna get me a scope !

With regards to photography,I had an interesting exchange of banter with Dr RobH one of the moderators this afternoon. I took the medicine/bait of “The good doctor” first time of asking and no messing...

Makes for some interesting reading,

Dr RobH , a smashing guy and no mistake..

If you want another angle on digital photgraphy take a look.(link below)

Nice to meet you.

Regards,

RSX

http://stargazerslounge.com/photography/163321-advice-film-slr.html

Hi RAC,

Took a lookie at your shots on flickr and you have some nice ones there with your Canon 20d (a formidable machine).

The side on shots are perfect light with your 8 inch dob .

Have you thought of adding a 2 inch 2x barlow in the optical chain to get you that bit closer to a "side on" ?

Try

Flightradar24.com - Live Flight Tracker!

Localise the map on NZ.

(I tried this aft @ 4pm gmt sunday and traffic is showing live in your area.)

For an early warning heads up / get the scope ready.

Nice one RAC, Thanks for the welcome.

RSX

I have thought about having a go at this myself, but I thought my 127mak with it's 1500mm focal would be better suited.

Hi Andyboy1970,

Yes indeedy have a go @ "dot spotting" with your mak127.

Others have done already with your type of scope

RNAV Polish Spotters • Zobacz w?tek - Set ups

This hobby is in its infancy here in the UK and evolving.

Why not rack up your pics on the SGL photography sect.

Good Luck and Thanks for dropping by.

RSX

wow, i have enough trouble, just keeping the stars in the scope view.

Hats off if you can grab a plane!!

As usual, I am sure you will find sufficient people with brains the size of car parks who can help you out ( I am not one of them tho!)

Cheers

Wise

Hi RAC,

Took a lookie at your shots on flickr and you have some nice ones there with your Canon 20d (a formidable machine).

The side on shots are perfect light with your 8 inch dob .

Have you thought of adding a 2 inch 2x barlow in the optical chain to get you that bit closer to a "side on" ?

Try

Flightradar24.com - Live Flight Tracker!

Localise the map on NZ.

(I tried this aft @ 4pm gmt sunday and traffic is showing live in your area.)

For an early warning heads up / get the scope ready.

Nice one RAC, Thanks for the welcome.

RSX

I have used it with a 2 x barlow but the amount of light you have is cut in 1/2 so you will either need half(longer) the shutter speed or 2 x the ISO. I didn't like going below 1/1000sec shutter speed as traking the planes isn't the smoothest thing ever and the keeper rate goes down.

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Well my skyliner 200p has been a long time arriving due to lack of funds but it is now here and working as intended.Had it about 2 weeks but been cloudy ever since :sad: !

Many thanks for all the tips and help I have received from SGL members and Dealers too. :smiley:

Lovely clear day at last. :cool:

I did promise to rack up a few images, so here are a few of my first goes

KLM Flight 651, Boeing 747-400, Reg: PH-BFK on route this afternoon from Amsterdam to Washington altitude 34,000ft.

0581.jpg

Turkish Airlines Flight TK7 ,Airbus A340,Reg :TC-JDK also on route to Washington this afternoon passed over 1 hr later than the KLM 747 , also altitude 34,000ft

Left an awsome contrail behind this big bird, one of my favorite paint schemes too, pity i had the wrong angle

DSC_00851.jpg

Photos taken with my skyliner 200p and Nikon D3100 SLR.

Resized to around 300kb suit sgl forum space.

Thanks again all @ SGL..why not have a go yourselves.. :rolleyes:

radiostationx

I told you, you would suffer from cloud like the rest of us, when I welcomed you to the Lounge back in Nov 2013, but what I was not expecting are the excellent pictures you have taken. Try your hand at the ISS, that could be a challenge, enjoy :)

Welcome to SGL!

I'm sure you'll get lots of good info here. I look forward to seeing your shots eventually! I have a mind to try similar myself one day having been a sometime contributor to airliners.net (c. 950 pictures of mine on there).

All the best!

Dean

Archived