Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello to all @ SGL a newbie with "a new angle" on telecopes

radiostationx

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks MG1.

Tell you what Mr Mike..next time you fly to the northern states or canada from heathrow, gatwick .chances are you will pass right over my back garden @ 37000ft..please do give me a wave as i will be able to see you weather permitting. Better still, take a small scope with you on board and i will give you a wave back when you are passing !

( For guidance purposes ..I will be the little dot on the green/greenish patch with a big white thingy standing next to it).

Just pm me with your flight number and i will be able to spot your plane before you arrive here and make preperations to my scope /camera setup for your photo passing overhead using

www.flightradar24.com

RSX

Hello Mr Michael, Nice to meet you.

Thanks for dropping by..

Good Evening Mr Tinker1947, I see you have a nikon d80 and a skywatcher newton...Maybe you have tinkered with them !

can you assist with below ?

http://stargazerslounge.com/discussions-cameras/163464-attention-nikon-dslr-users-your-help-needed.html#post2025198

Thanks MG1.

Tell you what Mr Mike..next time you fly to the northern states or canada from heathrow, gatwick .chances are you will pass right over my back garden @ 37000ft..please do give me a wave as i will be able to see you weather permitting. Better still, take a small scope with you on board and i will give you a wave back when you are passing !

( For guidance purposes ..I will be the little dot on the green/greenish patch with a big white thingy standing next to it).

Just pm me with your flight number and i will be able to spot your plane before you arrive here and make preperations to my scope /camera setup for your photo passing overhead using

www.flightradar24.com

RSX

That's so cool....unfortunately I don't fly much as most of my holidays are in the uk or trainable in Europe.

Still, look forward to hearing more about another interesting hobby

Brilliant idea and I really like the pics on the website. It's many years since I used my trusty old Praktica MTL3 at airshows but I've still got my old albums gathering dust around the house somewhere.

Hope to see some of your pics on SGL once you've got your telescope :D

hi and welcome tracking a plane me be a prob with a manual dob not that i have tried with my 300p

Hello todd, thanks for the welcome.

Why not give it a go with your 300p...you have all gear already

Thats a nice bright scope, one serious piece of telephoto lens you have there toddy old boy.. and no mistake !

1/250 or 1/400 sec @ iso 400 on your 10D should do the biz easy enough.

If you get lots of practice, with your scope you could try for "rivet detail" by adding a 2.5x or greater barlow in the optic chain.

it is quite normal to use a 2x 2 inch barlow but with your lovely bright scope ,3x or more may be possible...steady hand reqd !

Archived