Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polar Alignment guide using an NEQ 6 Pro mount

Steve. easy to understand polar alignment  tutorial. correct me if I'm wrong but in the northern hemisphere when you turn the RA dial on the NEQ6 are we using 1800 on the top or bottom ,it appears you are using the bottom or am i missing something here. i was led to believe we use the top scale for the North.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After struggling big time trying to understand Polar Alignment with manuals and guides making me believe they were written in hexadecimal, I was kindly shown by a gentleman on these forums one way how it can be done (Thank you so much Fenriz).

So I have written a guide for dummies complete with photographs and if it helps just one person then it was time well spent.

To the Forum Mods, please feel free to move this within the forum if you find it useful.

Polar Alignment

Always good to contribute something back :)

Best wishes,

Steve

Thanks very much for this, mounts not here yet but this seems to be exactly what I wanted to have with me when I attempt it for the first time.

:smiley:

• 3 years later...
On 12/11/2011 at 18:26, stevebb said:

After struggling big time trying to understand Polar Alignment with manuals and guides making me believe they were written in hexadecimal, I was kindly shown by a gentleman on these forums one way how it can be done (Thank you so much Fenriz).

So I have written a guide for dummies complete with photographs and if it helps just one person then it was time well spent.

To the Forum Mods, please feel free to move this within the forum if you find it useful.

Polar Alignment

Always good to contribute something back :D

Best wishes,

Steve

Hi Steve. Was trying to read your guide but unable to open the page. It says 'the page may have been renamed'. Guess, it could be because I am trying this after 7 years of your post. Is there a way you can share this guide again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived