Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Huuuge IC 1396 Elephants Trunk in Hubble colors

Grinde

1. It is hard for us newbie non-imagers to realise that there are huge things like this up there, just very faint, without you imaging guys posting your images, so thanks.

2. It is easy to see why people move to imaging from observing.

3. I want some imaging kit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, thank you all sooo much for the kind words! I'm very sorry for not answering, I don't want to seem like some arrogant astrophoto-ninja who disappears without a trace right after posting an image. & sorry for bumping :)

I really hope I inspire others for trying out false-color narrowband images, especially since you don't need expensive fancy colorcorrected superscopes to achive pleasant results! Before I first tried it out, I belived narrowband imaging was dark magic, but quickly changed my mind after giving it a go!

I can't believe that this is only 5 hours worth of subs...
to get this out of just 5 hours is a great achievement..

I find this very funny, looking back at last winter, when I finally broke the 1hour barrier for an image, stunned over how much data I had :)

& now I'm working with "just" 5 hours, where will this end?! :icon_salut:

You know that Sh2-129 could be included in a mosaic?

Olly

This is one of the best things with SGL, all the new ideas, I, for example, had never heard about sh2-129, even though I was shooting very close to it. Give me a shout if you want some data, I'm afraid I won't be able to pursuit that quest, since I'm returning my borrowed camera soon & have some other targets on the list before that.

Archived