Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BBC1 : The Sky At Night

Akyra

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reminder, Akyra :)

Will watch that, maybe Inv. of Bodysnatchers too.

I'll be cuddling my Teddy in bed tonight, after that! :D:)

Sir Patrick Moore & Donald Sutherland in one night 8)

Well, this is pretty Rubbish so far. Just looks like a pop n crisp party for a bunch of wrinklies to talk about what they used to get upto 'back in the day'.

Dont even get me started on why Myleene Klass is there....

Well, this is pretty Rubbish so far. Just looks like a pop n crisp party for a bunch of wrinklies to talk about what they used to get upto 'back in the day'.

I think you are missing the point mate....

Missing the point enterly to be honest. I'm quite offended by your remarks.

Really nice episode thatm you could see Patrick was abit choked up about it all at the end.

Lest hope those 'old wrinklies' keep at it for another 50 years in one shape or form.

Kain

So Sir PM has been on every month for fifty years, that deserves pop and crisps in my book, and lashings of ginger beer as well. Any anniversary show has to include a look back therefore it will be lighter than normal. The guy is a legend, record breaking broadcaster doing a minority audience show that started before the space race, in fact before most of us here were born. He can remember when powered flight was new and has spoken to the Wright brothers, Neil Armstrong and the rest of the legends. The wrinklies are the guys who showed us the way, who have been there, done that, and got the T shirt. I hope, one day, to get a T shirt, but it won't be as good as Sir PM's T shirt. Respect is due here to the man himself, and the rest of the team who make the program, because its one of the reasons that SGL exists and why some of us choose to look up during the night.

I haven't even watched the show yet, having better things to do at such hours, but a respect for the show has prompted me to respond thus. Maybe it wasn't the best ever, but it was one of the better bits of TV on tonight, I'll bet my bits on that. Thank goodness for VCRs.

Captain Chaos

Was as bit surprised Brian May wasn't there or maybe he was there but opted to stay away from the cameras.

I don't know if he was there at the actual event but he was on this episode covering the transit of Venus.

He was showing us a scope that he and his dad made.

The wrinklies are the guys who showed us the way, who have been there, done that, and got the T shirt. I hope, one day, to get a T shirt, but it won't be as good as Sir PM's T shirt. Respect is due here to the man himself, and the rest of the team who make the program, because its one of the reasons that SGL exists and why some of us choose to look up during the night.

Captain Chaos

Spot on CC!!! I probably wouldn't be stargazing now without the influence of Sir Patrick (and not forgetting an inspirational Teacher who used to take a photography class at Primary School). :)

Bill£

Back on track...

S&N Has been the most influential astronomy program bar none...

Sir Patrick has written some fantastic books...The reason i'm here today on this forum and plodding through my degree is because of Sir Patrick's book "Observing The Night Sky with Binoculars"

I can remember looking in WH Smiths for an astro book..All confused and baffled when I opened the pages and read about NGC things and Messier numbers....I didn't have a clue..

Then I found the above book...It has to be the most usefull book in my collection....Cost me £12.. and binoculars were £10... seed was sown.

Astronomy for £22.. can't go wrong..

Brill program even my wife likes the bloke...Charismatic and influential with the common touch.

In my mind the most influential and important astronomy program today with a superb gentlman presenter.

Most people class me as a wrinkly.. :)

Archived