Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep24_banner.thumb.jpg.56e65b9c9549c15ed3f06e146fc5f5f1.jpg

I have the 250A Skywatcher power pack and it is totally flat atm and doesnt seem to want to charge. I am confident the AC/DC converter is ok as I can hear the relays energising when I switch to charge. The fully charged and charging LEDs briefly light before the relays swith off and all is dark once again. Could the pack be reading as fully charged (when its not) and switching itself off? Or is this a case of leave it charging for a few hours and all is well?:D

Hi HippyH,

There is a sticky somewhere reminding you to top up your power tanks occasionally as once left too long they die :-(!..

I don't know if a long trickle charge would help??.

Thx Damnut, It went totally flat last night and I started charging it this afternoon. It seems to be taking a little charge. I will leave it on for 24 hours and see what happens. Typical as its a clear night tonight :D

You might need a deep cycle charger to rejuvenate it. If thet doesn't work then pop down to Maplins and get a car starter field pack with a 12V output to keep you going while you order a new battery for the SW pack. I had to replace the battery in my Celestron one - it was a pain but it works now at least :D

I took the power tank to bits (16 screws) and the terminal bolts on the battery WERE LOOSE. Not even finger tight!!!!!!!!! One side was about 10mm from being finger tight and the other was a good 25mm off. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

You might need a deep cycle charger to rejuvenate it. If thet doesn't work then pop down to Maplins and get a car starter field pack with a 12V output to keep you going while you order a new battery for the SW pack. I had to replace the battery in my Celestron one - it was a pain but it works now at least :)

I think I need one of those Kim, my back is giving me some real gip at the mo lol :)

John.

Lol John as the years tick on I need jump starting more and more every morning myself hehe :)

I just went to Maplins and bought a new battery for my mine, not as big as the previous one as I don't use it for jump starting so it's a little lighter as well now.

i use a car battery 70 a/h powers everything also fitted a red led display which tells me the state of charge whilst using it works a treat