Narrowband

Jupiter 9/11

oldfruit

Well there certainly seem to be a lot of Jupiter pics but i thought i would add my latest effort.

To be honest i have struggled a bit in the past with getting the camera settings right and the wavelets during processing, but now having read a lot of info on this forum over time finally feel i am getting somewhere and feel this is my best Jupiter to date.

8 inch newtonian with SPC900 and TV 3X barlow.

post-20855-133877690597_thumb.jpg

That's a sweet shot Oldfruit :eek:

I would be trying to increase the scale a bit more. You are currently at about f16.7. An extension tube (purchased or made from an old Barlow eith the lens removed) is the easiest and most flexible option IMHO Or if you have the $$ a nice 5X Barlow will get you there as well.

In any case I love the results so far :D

Hi there Oldfruit.

Nice to see someone else uses the old Helios too.

Love the photo.

Hi, yes i do like my Helios scope, maybe not the best in the world but it will do for me.

Clayton, thanks for the advice, to be honest i wanted to capture a half decent picture first and increasing the scale will be my next step. I have an old barlow so will try your suggestion.

Thanks for the comments.

Mark..

Archived