Gottzi

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am around Royston, H Herts.

Get observe when I can.

Is there no Cambridge, Suffolk, Norfolk subsections. East Anglia is a fairly large area and posting about something that concerns Suffolk seems too far removed from say Meissa who is in Wisbech.

Would seem to be easier also if say Cambridgeshire people wanted to arrange a meet up. From my location I would check the Herts and the Cambs sections and could forego the Norfolk and Suffolk related items.

If this comes up as Post = 1 please ignore the gretings, had problems registering and I think Ant has sorted everything now but I think the post count returned to 0, had 4 I think so have already been greeted.

Part of the reason for the post here was to get what I think will come up as No1 out of the way again.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Been out of the astronomy scene for most of this year, so much other stuff going on . Finally have more time and darker skies,

mostly cloud covered mind. Looking forward to getting going again

Hi all,

Been out of the astronomy scene for most of this year, so much other stuff going on . Finally have more time and darker skies,

mostly cloud covered mind. Looking forward to getting going again

As long as you've still got all the kit, shouldn't be too hard to pick it up again.

WAY HEY!!!!...I'M NOT ALONE!!!!!!!...I am just out side Haverhill. Any body recommend any clubs in the area?

Moved here just a year ago, all jobs around the new (very old!) house now done, so slopping off with a car full of scopes will not upset 'er indoors'!

• 2 weeks later...

Only just seen this thread.  I'm from Sawston just south of Cambridge.  Pretty good skies around here and the gogs help block out the lights of Cambridge to the north.

Welcome tdmodels, I work just down the road from you in Hinxton but spend the rest of my time in the orange light-fest of Cambridge.

Welcome tdmodels, I work just down the road from you in Hinxton but spend the rest of my time in the orange light-fest of Cambridge.

Genome campus I assume?   If you ever need an imaging buddy, let me know.  I suspect it's a lot darker around Hinxton than it is to the east of Sawston!

Yep, the Gnome Camp : )

Security told me there were some astronomers about, although I've not yet done an imaging session on the campus.

I've a good spot at the back of Duxford I've used and one near six mile bottom.

PM me for details, would be good to meet up with another imager in the area. 

Anton

Hi folks, Live in Downham Market, work in Ely and Cambridge. Certainly interested in coming to play.

I'm mindful of how old this thread is though; the people who started it are probably dead by now.

Hi folks, Live in Downham Market, work in Ely and Cambridge. Certainly interested in coming to play.

I'm mindful of how old this thread is though; the people who started it are probably dead by now.

Yikes! Has there been some catastrophy around here that I missed?

Cheers,

Chris

Archived