Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where are you all??

Gottzi

I've got a shed load on at the moment but, anybody fancy trying Rampton on Tuesday night? Sky Harbinger has it looking good and even if nobody wants to risk dragging their gear over, I'm happy to drag the 300 Dob up there.

If the forecast is still looking promising at lunchtime on Tuesday, I'll probably try and make it up to Rampton.

If I can get home from work earlyish I can load up the car and be ready to go by 6:00pm.

Fingers crossed...

A

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that QM :(

It's been pretty woeful lately. I managed two nights in the last fortnight and about 8 nights in the last two months.

It also seems to have a habit of being clear on nights where I've other things planned or am travelling.

A

Oh well never mind might be able to grab a few shots over the Christmas period if were lucky. Have a good one badgers

If the forecast is still looking promising at lunchtime on Tuesday, I'll probably try and make it up to Rampton.

If I can get home from work earlyish I can load up the car and be ready to go by 6:00pm.

Fingers crossed...

A

I don't normally get home until 6:30pm as I have to commute to the bowels of Essex for my crust.

Both Netweather.tv and Sky Harbinger are in agreement currently, which is a good sign, although the former is suggesting 90% humidity.

I'll PM you my address and phone number.

Cheers,

Russell

Sadly I couldn't even see my car from my house yesterday, let alone the stars.

Anyway, I spent the night setting up a netbook to hopefully make astrophotography on the road a bit easier.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another window in the clouds.

A

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

been away from the forum for a while and so just doing some catch up. First off hope everyone has had a great Christmas. Did people manage to check out Rampton thinking not yet from the thread unless I missed a page. Anyway I am up for exploring it/joining others there if not to late to join the party.

Nick

I'm in Reepham, north of Norwich. It strikes me that East Anglia is far too big a region to get anything regular going; petrol costs alone will be really prohibitive, surely. Has anyone though about having separate groups for Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire etc? That way, nobody will have too far to travel, and things could be done at shorter notice, with lower level of organisation?

That s exactly what I was thinking of in Cambridge to Ely area. Next thing that happens I now work till 9 30 pm most nights!! I d still turn up somewhere if anyone else is still there after 10. What I would do is co ordinate for everyone if it would help. Not needed if using this site but that only works if everyone looks frequently, otherwise it mean emailing individualy. Must admit though if I could get there I d join Cambridge Astronomers and go to Madingley Road every week! Its only because of work I dont. Jonathon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else in bury area ? I am a user of Rougham airfield which is ok but bury does suffer a little from light pollution but have had some great dark nights over there and observed satellites and star with naked eye pre my purchases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived