SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Parking in Defined Position - EQMOD Simulator

Merlin66

I'm "practising" with the EQMOD simulator to get the scope to "park" to a Defined Position....

I've set the scope to 90 degrees in Az, 0 deg in Alt i.e. the "virtual" tube is horizontal, facing east. I've set this as the "park to current position" and re-synced the encoders.

When I unpark and move the scope I can't seem to get it to re-park at this defined position.....

What am I doing wrong????

Not sure....I use this by selecting Park Mode = Defined position

I move the scope and then resynced the encoders...I think that was it. My scope parks horzontal so I can close the roof. This works perfectly.

Just testing the simulator now.

I'm "practising" with the EQMOD simulator to get the scope to "park" to a Defined Position....

I've set the scope to 90 degrees in Az, 0 deg in Alt i.e. the "virtual" tube is horizontal, facing east. I've set this as the "park to current position" and re-synced the encoders.

When I unpark and move the scope I can't seem to get it to re-park at this defined position.....

What am I doing wrong????

Works ok for me - but why are you pressing reynch encoders?

Here's the procedure for defining park.

1. Use the EQMOD slew controls to move you "mount" to the desired park position.

2. Click the add park button (not the resynch!)

3. Select a slot form those available - type in a descriptive name and hit the set button. The displayed dials should reflect your chosen position

4. Park to home

5. unpark

6. Select your new park position from the park mode drop down

7. Hit the park button - the simulator should trundle off to your custom position.

The resync encoders button is only ever used when EQASCOM has lost synchronisation with the mount (i.e. it was powered off withouth parking). The idea is that if you can define a park position that you can accurately reproduce (perhaps by bubble levels or using the flats on the worm ends as indicators) then you can get everything back in synch placing the mount t that position and then selecting the defined park position from the park mode dropdown followed by hitting the resynch encoders button.

Chris.

• Like 2

Park to current position doesn't create a custom park entry - its just handy for any time you want to quickly "lock" the mount and prevent any client applications from moving it. Perhaps you need to do a quick power down for some reason (swap batteries, reboot PC etc.) and don't want to bother moving back to home.

Chris.

• 4 years later...
On 07/11/2011 at 15:29, chrisshillito said:

Works ok for me - but why are you pressing reynch encoders?

Here's the procedure for defining park.

1. Use the EQMOD slew controls to move you "mount" to the desired park position.

2. Click the add park button (not the resynch!)

3. Select a slot form those available - type in a descriptive name and hit the set button. The displayed dials should reflect your chosen position

4. Park to home

5. unpark

6. Select your new park position from the park mode drop down

7. Hit the park button - the simulator should trundle off to your custom position.

The resync encoders button is only ever used when EQASCOM has lost synchronisation with the mount (i.e. it was powered off withouth parking). The idea is that if you can define a park position that you can accurately reproduce (perhaps by bubble levels or using the flats on the worm ends as indicators) then you can get everything back in synch placing the mount t that position and then selecting the defined park position from the park mode dropdown followed by hitting the resynch encoders button.

Chris.

Thanks Chris, this worked for me, perfect advice being used years after you gave it :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...