Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2012 SGL Calendars now on sale!!!

Just found this thread after posting here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/161123-sgl-calenders-book.html

I just got the free Sky at Night one, and most of the photos aren't great (better than I could do, but nothing compared to the quality of photos I've seen posted here).

Anyway, that sparked off my interest to get myself a decent calendar (I missed last year's batch being a newcomer here), so I thought I'd look on here. But alas, it seems I've missed out again. So I'm now wondering if anyone knows of any other companies that are selling astronomy calendars?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine arrived today, the envelope was torn to bits but the calendar is in A1 condition. Some great pics in it. Many thanks guys.

Strange... that's how mine arrived... great big rip down the centre of the envelope.. but calendar intact

Strange... that's how mine arrived... great big rip down the centre of the envelope.. but calendar intact

Very strange, my envelope was pretty shredded too but the calendar is unmarked. Nice looking calendar too :)

Thanks folks

I got mine a few days ago and just as several of you, the envelope was in pretty bad condition. I wouldn't say torn to shreds, but definitely had a few rips and was incredibly worn (almost as if it had been used multiple times) - calendar in great condition so that is what matters.

I was going to give my postman a roasting today regarding the state the envelope was in. I thought he had forced it through the letterbox.

But after reading here that lots more turned up in the same condition, I assummed it happened before he mail it.

Sounds like FLO must of got a batch of dodgy enveloped from the local £1 shop :) :)

They are the regular card-backed Manilla envelopes we use for sending Baader Solar Film. They aren't bargain basement and there is room in them for the calendars to move, they aren't too tight. I guess the spiral binding might have a sharp end on some of the calendars. For those sent abroad we used pizza-box style packaging. We'll be more careful next year :)

I think the last calendars have been packed so will be dispatched tomorrow morning. I'll check with Lisa to be sure.

Envelope ripped but calendar fine. It looks like the wire is being pushed through the envelope probably at some point in the sorting process. The envelopes look perfectly adequate but it may need something over the wire loops internally next time to stop it happening again

On the plus side, the calendar looks fabulous! Thanks to all involved

Stu

Mine arrived safely today (completely in tact!). Looking good :-)

Thanks guys for the hard work which went into its production, and the guys at FLO for taking on the distribution burden at their busiest time of year. :icon_salut::icon_salut:

Helen

Archived